Second Skin Audio

1 12" Sub Vs 2 12" Subs

5Speed

Right now I'm just waiting for my MB-Quart RWE-302 to come in. Running on a M650 Alpine amp @4ohms 400rms. Now what would be a better set-up adding another RWE-302 and dropping to 2 ohms giving each subwoofer 300(rms) or moving to a MB Quart 1000.1 amp @1 ohm (1000rms) on the single RWE-302. Sub is in a sealed 1.25 cubed box, subs have an rms rating of 500.

I can sell my M650 for the pretty close to the same price as the MB Quart 1000.1 amp.

Any opinions?

id get the two subs and run the bigger 1000.1 amp to both of them

if you try to run that 1000 rum to that 500 rms sub you may blow it as its only allowed to run maybe 500-650 rms im just guessing though.

edit"those subs are two ohms so you may be only be able to run them at 2 ohs or .5 ohms so id look for a 2 ohm stable amp.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I'm only budgeted to change out the amp or add another sub. The new amp is only 500rms@2ohms smaller then the M650 which is 600rms @2ohms.

I see so many people run large amps on well built subs with no problems? I doubt I would need the gain anything past 5/8's on one sub so I would imagine it would be getting a nice clean signal?

Just looking for opinions. I'm open to options.

I'm only budgeted to change out the amp or add another sub. The new amp is only 500rms@2ohms smaller then the M650 which is 600rms @2ohms.

I see so many people run large amps on well built subs with no problems? I doubt I would need the gain anything past 5/8's on one sub so I would imagine it would be getting a nice clean signal?

Just looking for opinions. I'm open to options.

yeah but those subs are just that WELL BUILT meaning they are designed to take more abuse.Maybe those quarts like i stated could take a few more watts but not over en extra 500.but unless your planning on upgrading later on them id get the bigger amp and keep the gain low on the big amp and when you want get better subs that could take that extra power.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

well how much is your budget for like how much are you willing to spend on this amp?

The QTS on this Subwoofer would not allow it to be effeiceint in a ported enclosure. On top of this MB Quart subwoofers are known for being well built but also are an SQL subwoofer over SPL, putting it in a ported box would defeat the purpose especailly inside an SUV where a noisy sub/enclosure would be heard the most.

I'm on the fence on upgrading, I'll wait to see how happy I am with one.

Archived