Smokeys 08 Diesel 1-17-11 Door EDIT

Slowly but surely.... Im Gettin shyt done on top of my work, AND doin system installs. :D

Fixxed my roof flex problem for good this time.... :spiteful:

I forgot to take pics from the begining but ill explain...

1.)I Made (4) 2x20 3/4 MDF peices

2.)Ran them from front to back,From the center roof support bracket to the rear.

3.)LOADED silicone.... By LOADED i mean LOADED the silicone. 4 Tubes to be exact between the MDF and the roof.

4.)THEN I cut a peice of pegboard, screwed it onto the MDF and in every other hole of the pegboard I filled with greatstuff... I ran out(only Had (1) Can... So ill finish prolly tomorrow With the drivers side portion of the roof.... Then onto the front.

On to the pics....

Starting

Posted Image

Posted Image

Almost finished.... This is when I ran out of greatstuff....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After the front is done Imma screw another 3/4 sheet to the Above peg board. It should be solid.... Oh and if you didnt know. Im doing a FULL Double 3/4 MDF roof.All the way to the windsheild. Reduce my cabin space and Possibly up my numbers a bit. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

The Main reason Im doin it is so I can BOMB 30hz and below and dont need to worry about my roof flexing, EVER. No flex makes for cleaner sound and BETTER NUMBERS ON MUSIC!!!! :Dhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

I HATE ROOF FLEX :aggressive:

Alohas

Smokey

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

damn man that truck is gonna be solid as hell

• 2 weeks later...

oh shit....4 18's.

blowthrough ??

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Archived