Jump to content

New Pioneer Hu Scenario


Recommended Posts

Posted

First off, I have to purchase a databus so I can keep my chimes and onstar features. This thing cost $140 locally and on the net.

Alright, I'm looking at the DEH-P5900IB and the DeH-P6900UB. I can have the 5900 off sounddomain.com for $185 shipped with the dash kit only. They don't sell the databus unit for my truck. So that would be $325.

I can get a DEH-P6900UB from Crutchfield for $270 shipped with dash kit and master sheets. Plus, I get 50% off that databus unit. I'm looking at $340 for this scenario. If I wanted to step down and get the 5900IB from Crutchfield. I would get the HU for $220 shipped plus the $70 for the databus unit. This would bring me to $290 for the HU, accessories and the databus unit. Looks like I can either pay less for the unit on SD or eBay and full price for the databus. On the flip side, I can pay more for the HU, but I would be getting the databus for $70. No matter which HU, even if it's not Pioneer, I'm not getting around needing that databus.

Posted

what databus part # you need or better yet what year is your tahoe and does it have onstar/bose?

Also beware you might need a gmhcm(chime module) to retain factory chimes and warnings, and a peswi module if you want to keep your steering wheel radio controls, and/or also have to keep at least one stock or cheap lil speaker to hear the voice of onstar. You could be lucky and just need a gmco/2/3, which needs nothing extra.

There is so many things you might need, or you might just need one inteface to do it.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg
Posted
what databus part # you need or better yet what year is your tahoe and does it have onstar/bose?

Also beware you might need a gmhcm(chime module) to retain factory chimes and warnings, and a peswi module if you want to keep your steering wheel radio controls, and/or also have to keep at least one stock or cheap lil speaker to hear the voice of onstar. You could be lucky and just need a gmco/2/3, which needs nothing extra.

There is so many things you might need, or you might just need one inteface to do it.

-Steven-

I need the Metra GMOS-LAN-01. I have a 2007 Tahoe LS. I don't have Bose or a factory amp. I do have onstar though.
Posted

crutchfield.

i'd go 6900

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Posted
For ordering H/U go Crutchfield they will make sure you have what you need and if you have any problems or ?? they have great customer service

Yeah, I order some 15" solo barics from them when they first came out. It's just been awhile since I have ordered from them. These new Pioneer HU's have all the features I want to fit my budget.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 970 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...