Second Skin Audio

What 18 = 4kw Daily?

kfx450r

Not enuff room. My box would be 12 ish cubes before displacement of port or bracing (which id need alot of) ..thats halfway up window line. I would REALLY prefer not to wall it off only as a last resort. If i do wall it off..id prob do like 4x15s. But maybe stretch the envelope a tad..If i could pull 14 cubes before any displacements I think it would work. And also im not made of money lol. But def a possibility. We'll all know in about 2 months what i decide when i start a build log.

Well from what I've been told you can put 2 level 5 18's in a 11.5 cube box.. you could probably get that by inverting subs and using round ports

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM

alot of people run 4k per lvl 5 and BTL daily and dont have any problems with it but 2 15s would bang really, really well :) especially with 8k rms

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I think 800.00 is for a new one. You can find them for about 400.00 to 500.00 used shipped

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

Well from what I've been told you can put 2 level 5 18's in a 11.5 cube box.. you could probably get that by inverting subs and using round ports

..I can pull off 11.5 . Cant invert 2 18s tho lol.. I can invert 1 but not 2 ..its ext cab colorado. ..Actually..I just thought of a sweet new design for a box. Give me a sec.

alot of people run 4k per lvl 5 and BTL daily and dont have any problems with it but 2 15s would bang really, really well :) especially with 8k rms

I dont think im ready..more financially that anything..for 8k watts lol. but it does sound bangin.

EDIT: Biggest box i can go, stretching everything possible without walling it off..brings me to 15 cubes before any displacements. Not counting double/triple baffles etc. So if you think thats enuff for 2x 18s after all displacements I may give this a go. Id start off with 4kw and slowly upgraded everything till I got 8k if i went with BTLs or lvl 5s..but I rather lvl 5s over btls.

my bad, i thought you said you had 2 4k rms amps!! :( today reading > me but can get the XLs and put 2k rms on each of them and it will get loud, and save you some cash as well

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

FI BTL, DC lvl 5, DD9500 series i think, TC TSNS, Sundown Nightshades theres a few more i just cant think of all them right off the bat

THIS is why I dont usualy forward people to forums for car audio advice or anything really. I doubt you actually owned all of those subs and actually had them all on clean 4k of power playing daily. Seems as if you thought of which subs are most popular now and went with it.

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

No smart ass i went with ones that can handle the power... tell me 1 sub on there *excluding hte nightshade* that cant handle 4k

next time a thread like this opens up ill just say sony explode...

and it doesnt matter if you own it and put it on there, if you can read and understand english he asked what could handle it, not *IF YOU OWN IT AND PUT 4k ON IT...*

thanks

Team DC Audio

No smart ass i went with ones that can handle the power... tell me 1 sub on there *excluding hte nightshade* that cant handle 4k

next time a thread like this opens up ill just say sony explode...

How about you tell me how you know they handle 4k daily? Have you owned them all and ran them all on 4k daily or did your friends friend say they owned it and had gigawatts on it?

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

no, so many people on this forum own them and put power like that on them... so if you seen the members builds and actually spent time reading instead of being a smart ass.. you would know alot of people do builds and WITH ALL THOSE SUBS..... ive looked thru, seen them having very successful results with them.

So yes, thats how i can say that those can handle it...

have you owned all of those?

Ok then if you havent you dont need to comment... especially since you arnt helping the OP

Team DC Audio

Archived