Frankenwagon build (Carputer,HID,more to come)

Just picked this up today to convert to a show car/competing car. Building starts tomorrow, and I warn you it will be a little slow at first.

Car - 1987 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Station Wagon, 307 Y roller cam.

Dual glass packs

Seats 8

The interior on this car is immaculate. No tears, no stains, no cracks in the plastic, no scrapes, nothing! Just needs a little lovin' to get it clean on the inside, and a new headliner, which I will be doing this weekend. The outside is a little worse...lol. A few rust spots I need to get rid of pretty quick (will get pics in daylight tomorrow), chips in the paint, etc...but its nothing I can't fix.

System

Panasonic CQ700U

Tsunami 3.5's (dash)

Rockford P162s rear pillar (fiberglass pods)

Things still being decided.

Wagontastic

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Interior

Posted Image

Shot through the back window

Posted Image

Seats folded down

Posted Image

Back components

Posted Image

Saweet can't wait to see this.

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

SWEET!! It's the box version of my waggy.

Team Carlisle Acoustics - Team Sundown Audio

2010 MECA DB3 World Champ 127.2

2010 MECA DB3 KY State Record 127.3

2009 February MECA Member of the Month

2008 MECA DB2 World Champ 131.9db

2008 MECA DB2 KY State Record 129.1

2008 MECA Neighborhood Nuisance

2007 MECA AS2 KY State Record 144.2

Things are progressing faster then I thought haha.

Engine is being worked on now, carburetor rebuild and valve gaskets and spark plug wires and we should be good.

6 RD Alpha 15's is the plan right now, I'm getting 4 of them locally next week end, then I'll order the other two later.

niceee, im trying to find an older chevy wag. kinda scarce :x

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

niceee, im trying to find an older chevy wag. kinda scarce :x

They really are, even older cars like this in general. This one was in decent shape, like I said carburetor and valve gaskets needed attention, but they everything else checked out fine.

I will have my 4 15's next weekend FOR SURE. I'll most likely run those for a while and see what numbers I can pull, then I'll opt to possibly buy two more in the future. I might only end up paying for 1 of the eight because I have some stuff that the guy needs for his new system =]

Updates.

So...I put the car in the shop as soon as I got it. Need spark plug wires, carburetor rebuild, and valve cover gaskets. I knew of all these things except the carb when I got the car.

It's been in the shop all weekend because he had to order parts for the carb, so I didn't get too do the headliner, and then I got bored and thought too myself "I've never soldered a cd harness before, just crimp caps, lets do it!"

Oh ya, Knukonceptz RCA's on the way, and I'll have the (4) RD alpha 15's next week.

Pics

Getting things ready (I had already butt connected the wires so I had to cut them again)

Posted Image

Ground and Switched 12volt wired

Posted Image

All that was left of the wire off the fuse on that side

Posted Image

So off with it and on with new wire!

Posted Image

Posted Image

All done

Posted Image

Buttoned up!

Posted Image

Keep in mind this is the first thing I've soldered since I did my 0/1 lugs for my wall in the cutlass, and that was with a blow torch and some thick solder. Been a while since I picked up an actual iron.

Got the deck and SAX100.4 wired in.

I've already lost the output on the Swiss audio 3 way components that are in the far back C pillars.

It's either something with the Crossovers or the RCA's. I'm pretty sure it's the RCA's because they are cheap as shit, and I know my 100.4 is fine.

I have a set of Krystal 6 meter 4 channel RCA's on the way from Kunkonceptz. Should be here Wednesday I think.

I'll get pics up in the morning, along with the (4) 15's if I pick them up tomorrow.

Since I'm short of money, and I have materials for the body work I might as well start it..

One rust spot sanded down and ready for filler.

Posted Image

Posted Image

First layer on and sanded, I sanded most of it off to see how it stuck in the pits where the rust was eating...stuck in there good.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Third coat of filler on. This was right after I put it on, I leveled it with 100 grit and the DA, then 150 and hand smoothed at 220. Then primer to stop the rust from coming back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can't really see it, since the pics were with my camera phone, but my tape line could have been better. I also didn't have the right tape on hand, so blue painters tape was the pick at hand, so my line is a bit thick, but nothing some spot sanding to smooth it out can't fix when I paint the hole car.

Archived