DC Sound Lab

Thor DC lvl 5 Build/SPL XL Log/ New Pics up

elaborate? It will curb stomp the lv5!!! haha You are asking me about the spiders? 4 is plenty i feel. Your only issue was the surrounds, but remember the 10" surround is smaller then the rest of them. You seen me test 4000+ on that XL free air with 3 spiders.

The surrounds being smaller is why I ended up goin with more spiders. With 4 I did have trouble with overthrow but at that time the box was much bigger.

I think I'll stick with 4 but I cant gaurantee how long they will last. :01nocomment8so:

Clay do you have the spl xl's in Jimbo?

Edited by thorshammer

The surrounds being smaller is why I ended up goin with more spiders. With 4 I did have trouble with overthrow but at that time the box was much bigger.

I think I'll stick with 4 but I cant gaurantee how long they will last. :01nocomment8so:

Clay do you have the spl xl's in Jimbo?

with your current surrounds i think you will be ok. Jimbo has regular XLs, seeing as the spl versions are still not available and were not even a thought when i purchased subs. Why would you think i had spl XLs?

with your current surrounds i think you will be ok. Jimbo has regular XLs, seeing as the spl versions are still not available and were not even a thought when i purchased subs. Why would you think i had spl XLs?

Was just curious. With how much power you put to your xl's I just kinda assumed you had those. lol

your a pimp like that... ? :friends:

Pioneer 500UB

1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ

BXi1606D

1/0

Red top in back

JBL 5 1/4's front

Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear

145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control

Was just curious. With how much power you put to your xl's I just kinda assumed you had those. lol

The spl version will probably handle less power for what i do anyways. No question they would be louder but less cooling. I will stick with my regular trusty XLs........ until the thorshammer XL is released. :P

Well this was a task and a half but its done.

For those with a 04 or newer GP a Kinetik 2000 does not fit in the factory position. What I mean is it doesnt stand up nor will it fit with the battery in at all.

After several hrs and busting up my knuckles real good I have the damn thing in and secured.

Along with the battery tray coming out I had to shrink the overflow spout coming off the radiator.

Took light out to help secure batt in place.

HPIM2834.jpg

HPIM2835.jpg

HPIM2836.jpg

HPIM2837.jpg

HPIM2838.jpg

HPIM2839.jpg

HPIM2841.jpg

HPIM2842.jpg

HPIM2843.jpg

After install I ran the volume up around 90% on a .5 ohm nominal load musically and played full song and with dmm on the amp is never dropped below 14v and thier was no sign of a clip light.

Edited by thorshammer