thorshammer Posted December 23, 2009 Author Report Posted December 23, 2009 (edited) elaborate? It will curb stomp the lv5!!! haha You are asking me about the spiders? 4 is plenty i feel. Your only issue was the surrounds, but remember the 10" surround is smaller then the rest of them. You seen me test 4000+ on that XL free air with 3 spiders. The surrounds being smaller is why I ended up goin with more spiders. With 4 I did have trouble with overthrow but at that time the box was much bigger. I think I'll stick with 4 but I cant gaurantee how long they will last. :01nocomment8so: Clay do you have the spl xl's in Jimbo? Edited December 23, 2009 by thorshammer Quote
The A Team Posted December 23, 2009 Report Posted December 23, 2009 The surrounds being smaller is why I ended up goin with more spiders. With 4 I did have trouble with overthrow but at that time the box was much bigger. I think I'll stick with 4 but I cant gaurantee how long they will last. :01nocomment8so: Clay do you have the spl xl's in Jimbo? with your current surrounds i think you will be ok. Jimbo has regular XLs, seeing as the spl versions are still not available and were not even a thought when i purchased subs. Why would you think i had spl XLs? Quote
thorshammer Posted December 23, 2009 Author Report Posted December 23, 2009 with your current surrounds i think you will be ok. Jimbo has regular XLs, seeing as the spl versions are still not available and were not even a thought when i purchased subs. Why would you think i had spl XLs? Was just curious. With how much power you put to your xl's I just kinda assumed you had those. lol Quote
jesterjames Posted December 23, 2009 Report Posted December 23, 2009 with your current surrounds i think you will be ok. Jimbo has regular XLs, seeing as the spl versions are still not available and were not even a thought when i purchased subs. Why would you think i had spl XLs? your a pimp like that... ? Quote Pioneer 500UB 1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ BXi1606D 1/0 Red top in back JBL 5 1/4's front Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear 145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control
The A Team Posted December 23, 2009 Report Posted December 23, 2009 Was just curious. With how much power you put to your xl's I just kinda assumed you had those. lol The spl version will probably handle less power for what i do anyways. No question they would be louder but less cooling. I will stick with my regular trusty XLs........ until the thorshammer XL is released. Quote
thorshammer Posted December 24, 2009 Author Report Posted December 24, 2009 The spl version will probably handle less power for what i do anyways. No question they would be louder but less cooling. I will stick with my regular trusty XLs........ until the thorshammer XL is released. That made me smile Quote
thorshammer Posted December 26, 2009 Author Report Posted December 26, 2009 (edited) Well this was a task and a half but its done. For those with a 04 or newer GP a Kinetik 2000 does not fit in the factory position. What I mean is it doesnt stand up nor will it fit with the battery in at all. After several hrs and busting up my knuckles real good I have the damn thing in and secured. Along with the battery tray coming out I had to shrink the overflow spout coming off the radiator. Took light out to help secure batt in place. After install I ran the volume up around 90% on a .5 ohm nominal load musically and played full song and with dmm on the amp is never dropped below 14v and thier was no sign of a clip light. Edited December 26, 2009 by thorshammer Quote
JSwongerAA Posted December 27, 2009 Report Posted December 27, 2009 Looking good Thor. What did you use to secure your battery in place? I was in Pulaski today and didn't have anything going on, if it weren't for the rain and temps just a few degrees above freezing i probably would have made the trip down for another demo. Keep up the good work! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.