DC Sound Lab

Thor DC lvl 5 Build/SPL XL Log/ New Pics up

no more AQ? =[ oh well hope you get god results with the lvl5's! you probably dont remember be we were talking for a little bit the last usaudio show you came too.

Good to hear from ya! Will you be making it up with the USAudio crew June 28th? It's gonna be a great show with ALL proceeds going to St. Judes Childrens Hospital.

I really like the AQ's and had great results with them. Unfortunately my ambitions were a lil bit big for them. LOL 151 at 40hz is nothing to scoff at and it has been a bit rough on the AQ's. Absolutely no love lost for DJ I just needed something I could put 4k+rms to ea. and Rusty's Lvl 5's are just what I need. :friends:

So it's on to new adventures for Thor and his love for 10's out of a Trunk!

will the atomics play music at .25? for how long, do they get hot easily? also what does your electrical look like and what is your voltage drop? if you have tried it

Strapped at .5 they will play daily with the impedance rise. I ran them for several weeks like this.

My electrical consists of 220amp alt, Optima Yellow under hood, 2 Kinetik 2400's, 2 runs of 0.

Amps stay pretty cool. I've never had one overheat or shut down because of thermal failure. Voltage drops to 11.9-12.3 for burps and 12.8-13.5 for daily at full music volume. (I should say this was at the AQ limits so there may be a bigger drop with the lvl 5's.)

Edited by thorshammer

where are the pics?? getting impatient here.

You'll have to pull that audioque vinyl off your back winder and replace it with a louder one

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

reading pwns you.

i was writing while he posted ha my bad.

lvl 5 10?s hm... i mite hav to look into. anyway do work wit them

Ride: 2001 BMW325ci

Headunit: Alpine ida-x305

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Sub: (1) 15" DC Audio Level 5 D2 ohm

Amp for sub: MTX 4001d

Box: custom built 3.5 cuft ported

Power: 220amp alt from ohio gen, 2 kinetik 2400s in back

(Armoredhaulin @ May 29 2009, 08:34 AM)

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!