Jump to content

Rainbow Dreamline Components


SQMonte

Recommended Posts

Posted

I took out my Rainbows today cause I wanted to find the culprit of the popping/crackling sound I've been hearing at high volumes, and also to take the oem speaker pod out so I can get busy on fabricating an enclosure for my new components. I'm not rocket scientist, but I think I may have found the problem

High quality, German engineered, Rainbow xover

IMGP2000.jpg

IMGP1999.jpg

I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

IMGP2001.jpg

It blows me away that this component set costed me between $150 and $200 and all I got in the way of a xover is this puny little thing.

Since my new head unit can run an active xover setup, I think I might consider building a pod for these in the rear deck and ditching the crappy xovers.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Posted

over power a cap and thats what happens.

And ive seen worse for 200.00 lol

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Posted
before you did that did you make sure it was only popping on that side?
Yeah, and it was.
over power a cap and thats what happens.

And ive seen worse for 200.00 lol

Whoops...They should sound better if I ever put them back in, i'm still undecided on that, but if I do i'm gonna ditch that crappy xover. Damn man, you've seen worse than that for $200? That's just wrong.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 867 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...