Sundown Audio

Opinions On Hifonics Brutus Amps

Florida heat

Well the reason I say its the best bang for your dollar is because lets say you can get a bxi2608 for about $400 or $550 I'm just guessing on price since I get all brands at wholesale, so since every says it won't give you 2600w lets say it gives you a solid 2000w, now lets say rf bd1000.1 will give you a solid 1200w at about $550 to $750 . The math is pretty easy in my opinion since that was what was being asked in this thread.

i would not go as far as saying the brutus have great efficiency like they claim. i personally have experience with a bxi1206d on a pair of JL 12''w6 in an 07 ranger with 110amp alt and yellow top under the hood and had pretty bad dimming and voltage drop from that amp alone

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

look at this amp

AQ2200D $389 each

shipped

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps2200D.htm

much better amp then what your looking at and its not breaking the bank.

X2 I have a aq1200.1 and it has been great for me and customer service is best I've dealt with. For instance. I've been getting this rumbling noise from my sub even with volume all the way down. Changed the rca's and still didn't help. Unhooked the bass knob and it went away. I called dj aq owner today to order a new one and even with my amp outta warranty he insisted on sending me a brand new one free of charge! He's always been good to me and their product is the best your gonna find for the price.(not knocking anyone I don't have 1st hand exp with fi, dc, etc.)

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

im going to guess that your experience is pretty limited then. ive never had to deal with customer service with alot of my amps because ive never really burnt them up, and my local dealer stands by what he sells so i dont have to go to the company to get my stuff worked on it it were to go out.

brutus line is entry level, its not horrible by any means but your claim of them being extremely efficient is a little far fetched

This has been my exp as well, power it correctly, don't exceed the intended ohm load and most any amp will perform to it's standard. I agree that your md3d is probably the best bet for the money, however I am biased when it comes to USAmps! As long as whoever owns them is making them well I probably always will be.

Archived