Sonic Electronix

Well since I was unhappy with my pre built Rockford Fosgate box I decided to build a hopefully better one. I finally got it done, tried to take my time and do it right. There were some setbacks and a couple of re cuts to make it more square and tight fitting in the corners.

I used plenty of wood glue and added a 2 x 4 for extra support between the subwoofers to keep it nice and firm with little flex. When it was all complete I also went over all the seams of the tube with liquid Nails.

I used 3/4" MDF with 1 1/2" screws. And also finished up the carpeting of the box tonight... Took me about 12 hours to do this. (been a long time since I built box)

Here are some pictures of the box... I will take better pictures tomorrow, I did not realize the cameras setting was set to low quality.

Left Side of Box As it will sit in vehicle

IMAG0023.jpg

Full Side View port side

IMAG0024.jpg

Another Full View

IMAG0025.jpg

2 x 4 bracing between Subs Top Down View

IMAG0026.jpg

Here is a view of the port inside

IMAG0027.jpg

Another 2x4 Brace pic

IMAG0028.jpg

Another 2x4 Brace pic Inside looking out

IMAG0030.jpg

Here are the specs

BoxBuild.jpg

Hopefully this will perform better then the custom one that fosgate makes. It said total volume was 4.29 but I figured the 2 x 4 brace in to the build that is not part of the original

build so I guess it would drop it back to at least 4.2 which gives me 2.1cu ft per sub tuned at 32.76hz.

Edited by Hotdog

Yea.. today is the day to test it out. Had a fan on on it last night blowing into the box with the other speaker hole closed with cardboard. Good air circulation really blowing out of the port hole..should be dried out and ready to go. I put a light in there to for a little heat. need to get some wire terminals today and a little more speaker wire.

You should post a before and after video, playing the same song so we can see the difference the new box made, that would be nice.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Looks good man. That RE box Designer is right on. Never gave me a problem.........

For future reference could you enplane to me how you get the emblem on your box in your avatar?

I tried putting my name on this box I made by cutting it out with 1/2" cardboard and gluing it to the box before I carpeted it. Did not turn out so hot... If you were a blind man you could feel it but just hard to see.

Edited by Hotdog

You should post a before and after video, playing the same song so we can see the difference the new box made, that would be nice.

Good Idea... the song that was giving me problem was ZZ Top - My Heads in Mississippi Was not getting the low hz in that song. I will do a before and after on this. Will have to do it outside the vehicle and at lower volume so it does not distort.