Sonic Electronix

I have a 2004 Acura TL

With a blown out speaker....

(It was a used car, previous owner took such horrible care of the car)

But anyhow, I love my car, but with that door speaker blown out, I feel like I have to like... KILL SOMETHING! :censored:

So yes, any suggestions on which speakers to replace it with?

Information:

Size of the Speaker: 5-1/4" 2 way car speaker.

Watts: @ 20 watts RMS

Passenger door speaker.

I'm probably going to buy pairs, just to replace my driver side anyhow.

I'm also looking for speakers pushing 20 watts RMS because then the factory amp will be able to push.

(Kind of on a budget to NOT buy a new amp, hopefully when things get better I can work on seriously upgrading my system)

So far, I've looked into these speakers:

Sony XS-GT1326A

(speakers from Crutchfield)

Priced @: $60.00

I don't want to limit myself just to those, because I do not know any other RELIABLE places.

So yeah, I'm in desperate need of help and I am open to any suggestions.

Thank you all in advance!

Yes those all would come as pairs.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

I would check out sonicelectronix.com, I ordered some speakers from them monday night, and got them thursday.

these seem decent, 25 watts rms

Yeah the Pioneer TS-G1342R, is currently the one that seems most compatible and fairly priced.

With the shipping price included, I guess it would save me $10.00 from Crutchfield.

Now I got to call to make sure they will fit in the door with ease.

Personally, I think sonic electronix is one of the BEST online stores to buy from. Excellent customer service, etc.... However, if you buy one of there products that doesnt offer "FREE" shipping, they tend to charge ALOT for shipping, at least I think so. You might want to look on there website for speakers that offer "FREE" shipping (products like RF) typically always have free shipping, and it would be a better speaker. Might be more then $35, might be mnore like $48 for example, but those poineers after there 17$ shipping charge, the RF would be cheaper............See what i'm saying?

**EDIT*** HEre is a MUCH better speaker ( http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7260_R...unch+P152C.html ) with free shipping.

OR

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7322_R...ower+T152C.html

I understand they take more RMS and you factory amp is 20w or whatever, but either way, later on when you want to purchase a real amp, you *might* not have to replace the speakers......

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Personally, I think sonic electronix is one of the BEST online stores to buy from. Excellent customer service, etc.... However, if you buy one of there products that doesnt offer "FREE" shipping, they tend to charge ALOT for shipping, at least I think so. You might want to look on there website for speakers that offer "FREE" shipping (products like RF) typically always have free shipping, and it would be a better speaker. Might be more then $35, might be mnore like $48 for example, but those poineers after there 17$ shipping charge, the RF would be cheaper............See what i'm saying?

**EDIT*** HEre is a MUCH better speaker ( http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7260_R...unch+P152C.html ) with free shipping.

OR

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7322_R...ower+T152C.html

I understand they take more RMS and you factory amp is 20w or whatever, but either way, later on when you want to purchase a real amp, you *might* not have to replace the speakers......

I definitly like the Rockford Fosgate, WOW!

And yes, I totally agree with you about the shipping... that is wayy too costly.

Luckily I still haven't bought any yet.

But yeah, will my factory amp be able to supply power to those speakers?

It would just be underpowered right? Not to it's full capability till' I get an amp? (which probably won't happen in a year or 2)

I definitly like the Rockford Fosgate, WOW!

And yes, I totally agree with you about the shipping... that is wayy too costly.

Luckily I still haven't bought any yet.

But yeah, will my factory amp be able to supply power to those speakers?

It would just be underpowered right? Not to it's full capability till' I get an amp? (which probably won't happen in a year or 2)

yar

7e770874-fae3-49d5-ad82-4cabf106fead_zps d3abdb88-50bf-42d8-9628-e257559ec11d_zps

IG: devinthydude

yar

Haha, cool, thanks for clearing that out for me, for some reason it was a tough question. (Me being all new to the audio industry)

Yeah, those Rockford are really something, I still haven't ordered them yet... But I seriously need them!

Today, I had my music on, the right speaker... completely blew out on me...

I know how to take out the door panel and such but the problem is... no tools...

My father owns a body shop, but he HATES the fact that I'm spending money on stuff like speakers. So he refuses to help me out with these kind of stuff, afraid that my chances of crashing will increase.

What he says is true, but, I have NEVER spent my money on ANYTHING except the sub + amp.

So yeah, I'm in a turmoil at the moment.~

Yet, I need those Rockfords!!!