Sonic Electronix

Any Ideas How To Get More Out Of My Current Setup?

im sure both would work. honestly i've never done a round port but yeat i would say that should work. then just run some caulk around the edge to seal it all up

I mean not like its even that much work but how sure are you that it will be louder if i do this. I mean i understand you cant know til you do it and id never come back and be like hey you promised me this and that. But do you really think I will get a noticable increase? and dont get my wrong no offense just curious. I just see that your a pretty new member here with only a couple posts what types of experience do you have. (again just curious and i know membership doesnt mean much ive been a member for more than a year and almost 200 posts and like i said all i can do is hook up a simple setup)

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

I mean not like its even that much work but how sure are you that it will be louder if i do this. I mean i understand you cant know til you do it and id never come back and be like hey you promised me this and that. But do you really think I will get a noticable increase? and dont get my wrong no offense just curious. I just see that your a pretty new member here with only a couple posts what types of experience do you have. (again just curious and i know membership doesnt mean much ive been a member for more than a year and almost 200 posts and like i said all i can do is hook up a simple setup)

i pretty much guarantee that if you port it you will get a noticeable increase. the port is going to push air out of the box into the cab. ive build three boxes one sealed sounds really good nice clean sound but the other two are ported and in my opinion i would much rather have a ported box. i think you get more of a range too. your able to get lower notes that are mostly just pushing air wich puts that air in the cab making it alot better.. plus if all three of those boxes were ported you would have alot of air being pushed into a small area

i pretty much guarantee that if you port it you will get a noticeable increase. the port is going to push air out of the box into the cab. ive build three boxes one sealed sounds really good nice clean sound but the other two are ported and in my opinion i would much rather have a ported box. i think you get more of a range too. your able to get lower notes that are mostly just pushing air wich puts that air in the cab making it alot better.. plus if all three of those boxes were ported you would have alot of air being pushed into a small area

yea everything your saying makes sense. Im buying it. Looks like im gonnna be buying an 1.5'' circle bit and cutting some pvc. Ill try it out cant hurt cuz like i said I will be able to patch the holes back up if i end up not being happy with the ports

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

yea everything your saying makes sense. Im buying it. Looks like im gonnna be buying an 1.5'' circle bit and cutting some pvc. Ill try it out cant hurt cuz like i said I will be able to patch the holes back up if i end up not being happy with the ports

cool man. let us know how it goes get some pics up

cool man. let us know how it goes get some pics up

sounds goood probabaly be done by next weekend

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

sounds goood probabaly be done by next weekend

anyone know what is better or if there is any difference. Should i do 1'' 1.5 or 2'' round ports the 2'' would be longer the 1'' would be much shorter what would be better to do go wider and longer thin and shorter or in the middle?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

im sorry i didnt read through everything but i think you should take out the middle sub, make the box all one chamber and turn the middle into a port going out the front. now you get the needed airspace for each sub.

i think having the sub fire into the floor, only an inch and a half away, is killing a lot of your output. having a port facing forward will give an unrestricted output. you will also have a lot more power now that one sub is gone.

and for the port, go 2"

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I would do the 2"

sliding the port in and out doesn't do anything.

The vent would still be the same length

fire a port out each side of the box.

Towards the rear doors try 17" long to start

you need to just build a fiberglass bottom box

use the search. You can get 4.2cuft under that seat

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I would do the 2"

sliding the port in and out doesn't do anything.

The vent would still be the same length

fire a port out each side of the box.

Towards the rear doors try 17" long to start

you need to just build a fiberglass bottom box

use the search. You can get 4.2cuft under that seat

you want a guy this new to try building a fiberglass box??? i dont think he's going to want to do that.

he has 3 chambers, firing 2 into the doors and one forward? you would choke the ports on the side and have sound waves going 3 differant directions. i smell cancellation.

but hell, that is ray. he may very well know something i dont here.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you want a guy this new to try building a fiberglass box??? i dont think he's going to want to do that.

he has 3 chambers, firing 2 into the doors and one forward? you would choke the ports on the side and have sound waves going 3 differant directions. i smell cancellation.

but hell, that is ray. he may very well know something i dont here.

I agree I think a fiberglass box is a little beyond me. Id love to be able to do stuff like that but i just dont want to invest much more money into the sound system its just a dailydriver and I only want a little more bang not looking to be hittin 150 db I mean i completly appreciate all the ideas I just want the easiest cheapest way to get a little more bass.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3