Sonic Electronix

Any Ideas How To Get More Out Of My Current Setup?

Alright i did it. The system definatley gets a bit louder and im pretty happy with it. appreciate the help guys thanks alot. Ill try and get a video up soon.

Ok I put 1 12'' by 2 '' port in each box and I like it alot its hitting louder and i think cleaner. I feel like i could be getting a little more outta the lows tho so does this mean its tuned too high? and Im wondering if i add another port to each box will it tune it lower and make it better? I believe ray said 2 12'' 2'' ports will tune to 38 hz?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Ok I put 1 12'' by 2 '' port in each box and I like it alot its hitting louder and i think cleaner. I feel like i could be getting a little more outta the lows tho so does this mean its tuned too high? and Im wondering if i add another port to each box will it tune it lower and make it better? I believe ray said 2 12'' 2'' ports will tune to 38 hz?

I was checkin out the for sale part of the forum and theres that dude sellin the rockford t1000 bds refurbed for a damn good price, my 3 12's wire down to 1 ohm because they are all dual 2 ohms would it be a good idea for me to pick one of these guys up? would it push way more than my kenwood even tho the kenwood says 900 rms @ 1 and 2 ohms? and also would this amp not go into protect for 30 seconds after craking the music for a couple minutes? would this amp make my setup alot better?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

why not build a box with subs fireing forward n port in the middle under seat? but imo ive got louder with a downfire than i ever have with a upfireing box, wither it be ported or sealed, but make sure its a deep box, but i got a box for a 12 thats a downfire n isn't nere big enough for lows, but the one i built played everything under the sun, it beated out the lows, n still played the high note bass like a champ, ima put my box back in sometime soon after i change some things on it

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

why not build a box with subs fireing forward n port in the middle under seat? but imo ive got louder with a downfire than i ever have with a upfireing box, wither it be ported or sealed, but make sure its a deep box, but i got a box for a 12 thats a downfire n isn't nere big enough for lows, but the one i built played everything under the sun, it beated out the lows, n still played the high note bass like a champ, ima put my box back in sometime soon after i change some things on it

Yea eventually I may do a bigger box I just and wondering if a new amp (somewhat cheap which is why i was thinkin 2-300 bucks is real good for the 1000bd would make it a good amount louder and not go into protect mode while bumping. I am actually pretty impressed with how these 12s are hitting lows in the small boxes, When i first got the 2 12s to begin with they were in a box built by tweeter with jl specs and even tho i downsized on the box i really never noticed a different the subs sounded about the same. So then i got the other 12 and now i just ported all the boxes and its really hitting good but some songs that are real loud make the amp go into protect for 15-30 seconds after a minute or two of constant bumpin.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

2-300 bux you can have a nice box made at almost any shop

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

2-300 bux you can have a nice box made at almost any shop

but would a new box make it alot louder and stop the amp from going into protect?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I was checkin out the for sale part of the forum and theres that dude sellin the rockford t1000 bds refurbed for a damn good price, my 3 12's wire down to 1 ohm because they are all dual 2 ohms would it be a good idea for me to pick one of these guys up? would it push way more than my kenwood even tho the kenwood says 900 rms @ 1 and 2 ohms? and also would this amp not go into protect for 30 seconds after craking the music for a couple minutes? would this amp make my setup alot better?

you cant wire 3 dual 2Ohm VC's down to 1 ohm i think your amp is going into protect because of improper wiring. take a DMM and set it to ohms and when your truck is off put it on the speaker outputs of the amp

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

you cant wire 3 dual 2Ohm VC's down to 1 ohm i think your amp is going into protect because of improper wiring. take a DMM and set it to ohms and when your truck is off put it on the speaker outputs of the amp

actually the ohm load i got from the wire calculator at rockford.com said 1.34ohms

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

actually the ohm load i got from the wire calculator at rockford.com said 1.34ohms

i figured it would be about the same thing because my amp says it puts out 900 rms @ 2 and 1 ohm although i have heard kenwood over rates their amps

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

i figured it would be about the same thing because my amp says it puts out 900 rms @ 2 and 1 ohm although i have heard kenwood over rates their amps

so with a limit of around 300 bucks what should i do to get better results. upgrade the amp or upgrade the boxes. I know better boxes will help out alot but Im worried about it only making a small difference in how loud it is and the amp going into protect gets pretty annoying too.

Also just throwin this out there but is there anyone out there around my area I live in north central massachusettes if someone is experienced and wants to meet up and help me out if you got some good ideas maybe i would be willing to throw some more money around.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3