Owners1 Posted June 21, 2009 Report Posted June 21, 2009 I'm not sure of the model name for the DD mids/highs so I will just call them that.. I know there are millions of these threads but im looking into getting some better mids/highs for my truck. I'm using a Sundown 100.4 amp with a pair of Trc.6n's right now and some soundstream sst5.25s in the back I was wondering which of the three would actually be better? I'm sure the ones I have now don't compare to the RE's or DD's so it's probably between those two. Also, I know the RE XXX mids don't come in a 5.25 form and the DD do so I would probably have to mix and match or only get one set altogether. What do you guys think? thanks Hummer H2 ( Crossfire XS V2 15's (4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s (16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange http://www.youtube.com/Owners1
finkster Posted June 21, 2009 Report Posted June 21, 2009 How much mounting depth do u have for the doors? I think they XXX comps are 3 & 7/8" deep so make sure they will fit first. I'm sure that either will make u happy, and if the DDs come in a size that fits better then thats +1 for them DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
Owners1 Posted June 21, 2009 Author Report Posted June 21, 2009 hmm, I'm actually not sure how much depth I have. My soundstreams have a depth of 2.625" I think I could possibly do another inch I really would need to double check though. I wish there was a site for that lol Hummer H2 ( Crossfire XS V2 15's (4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s (16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange http://www.youtube.com/Owners1
Owners1 Posted June 21, 2009 Author Report Posted June 21, 2009 Just found out that mounting depth is not an issue. So which would be better? Hummer H2 ( Crossfire XS V2 15's (4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s (16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange http://www.youtube.com/Owners1
finkster Posted June 21, 2009 Report Posted June 21, 2009 Well, i couldnt tell ya, like i said you will be impressed with both. Now the only thing holding you in the way is modding the doors to fit 6.5 vs having smaller comps readily available with the DDs.....whichever u end up getting, let us know DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
kooch Posted June 21, 2009 Report Posted June 21, 2009 not sure about the DD's, i have never heard them. The XXX 6.5's farkn SLAM!!!!! I have 2 pairs in my truck.
Boon Posted June 22, 2009 Report Posted June 22, 2009 The DDC52 has nothing on the XXX components. A much better comparison is the DDA 6.5" component set against the XXXs, in which case it would be a very tough decision. 10.x volts fo' life!
Owners1 Posted June 22, 2009 Author Report Posted June 22, 2009 Well, I'm not going to be modifying my door speakers at all so I can either get the DD 6.5s in front and 5.25s in the back OR RE XXX 6.5 in the front, nothing in the back, or keep my SoundStreams in the back with the RE XXX in the front. That's pretty much the problem im having at the moment. Hummer H2 ( Crossfire XS V2 15's (4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s (16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange http://www.youtube.com/Owners1
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.