I used RC cars as a metaphor, you are getting confused. He stated the option was 2 alts and a 16v battery bank or 3 alts and a 12v system after the whole stepdown transformer situtation played out. You must not have read the entire thread and the direction it was headed in. I'm not trying to bust anyone's balls or come across as a smart ass. Drop all your what's the most convenient way point of view and think about his original post which said this will be for a competition vehicle. If he's going to drop this much cash on gear why not push it to it's limits that seems to be his mindset as well.

Aside from that, mechman was pointing out the fact that his unit already comes with an adjustable regulator on the back of it. Something I had no knowledge of while stating that any alternator can use an adjustable regulator.

If he were to go with 3 alternators and a 12volt setup, They'll be able to efficiently handle all the power the amp is capable of drawing at maybe 15 volts or so. Thing about that is he won't get to peak the 11,000 watts the amp is capable of even with having three alternators. It'll be very consistent though at what it does on the 12volt system.

He wants to push the limitations of his gear, plain and simple. I'm just stating suggestions from experience.

Race cars = RC toy cars? All I was stating was isolating a power source for the car meaning if he was going to run 2 16v alts only some of that power made by those alts would be used by the car so he might as well add a 12v alt just for the car as it would be seperate and isolated leaving all of the high voltage power made for the system. Also found out they sold out of HC16v batteries with more on the way to stores in about 2 weeks.

Edited by soundzright