Building A Badass Pc, Ideas Please

gotcha. when is the i5 supposed to be coming out?

it is my understanding that they will be out sometime in the oct/nov time area. OF course this can or might change though. If you have the funds, i7 will be faster, i5 will be just slightly slower.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

that sound card is the cats ass! I have/had a few of them and using a proper speaker setup, it will rock the fuckin house. Very clear, and the BEST for games (EAX acceleration)

ill just run the i7 like i was planning, i dont want to wait until then or later (even though it could be sooner, i dont want to wait to find out lol)

so im set on the i7. now i just need to make up my mind about a board, probably that 200 dollar asus, but i might just go ahead and run the GB. my current asus board has 7 sata 3gb/s connectors, the GB says it has 10, but i dont see them in the pic unless im looking at the wrong thing?

I am in no way an "ATi fan boy" but they do offer the better performing card for this price range..... Check this out. http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html...W50aHVzaWFzdA==

yea ive been happy with my current card which is an XFX 8600GT http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814150229

i know whatever card i get is gonna be a shit ton better than that too :)

Nice looking card cover, thats all. Also, the more expensive version has a LED that lights up!!!! Totally not worth the money difference.

That GB board does have 10sata connectors. Look at the picture again. There are 3 rows of blue satas (each row is 2 high) and 2 rows of white connectors (each row is 2 high) =10

oh, it looks different than my current board, i guess it. mine arent on the edge of the board like that

off topic, but how much do you think my 20" imac is worth? i cant believe i bought it, but i wanted a mac and now i wish i had just built the pc im building now, instead of this. i can just put osx on it if i want as well, but i really dont like this OS after using it (im on the mac now)

its got a 320gb hdd, core 2 duo 2.4ghz, radeon hd 2400, 4gb ddr2, osx 10.5.7

also, this is my current pc, that im trying to sell as well. what do you think is the most i can get for this as well?

heres my FS thread

http://www.floridaspl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5880

A few hundred bones is all that is worth IMHO. I would give you 300 tops for it shipped (I dont want it, but that is what it is worth to a person who knows what hardware it has) Eitherway, your new build will kill it! As far as a MAC goes, I have no idea. Search areound and find out I guess. Never worked on a mac, never cared to TBH with you. Also, what part of FL do you live in? I grew up in Wellington (west palm beach) for 18 years of my life, and LOVED THAT AREA!

Archived