Sundown Audio

Just Put In My Amp... Heard A Pop... Ugh

JZeFF

Got the amp in (DAT 4125), got it all wired... tested it... it worked great!!!

Set the gains using the sticky in the amplifier section here on the forum..

Worked even better!!!!!

Decided to put my old pioneer sub amp, infinity sub, and lanzar capacitor into the mix..

All worked great!

Till i started the car...

I heard a pop noise come from all my speakers... and now only the sub is working...????!?!?!?!?!????

WTF do i do now???????

What should i check?

Please just give me things to look at tomorrow morning.. anyone...

Its been a long long long day... and im not dealing with it tonight, im just going to bed, lol.

Thanks for any help guys.. im freaking out thinking i killed all my speakers in ten minutes...

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

explain how you have everything wired up. all the amps etc

edit: make sure you dont have any touching + - speaker leads. thats what happened to my car, i had a strand touching the + and it would cut out all my speakers after a certain volume.

Edited by Krannyman92

0g wire from battery to distribution block in the trunk (200amp fuse)

0g wire from good ground to the trunk

4g wire from the positive and negative dist. blocks to the DAT 4125..

4g wire from the positive and negative dist. blocks to the capacitor, then 8g wire from the capacitor to the pioneer amp..

16g wire from the DAT to the front speakers and the rear speakers

12g wire from the pioneer amp to the infinity sub

And i have the remote wire coming from the Alpine 9886, and it splits off into each amp.

For all i know something is crossed or disconnected.. i tried to avoid it.. but $%^t happens..

But yeah.. that basically sums it up, haha

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Call me

916 640-3830

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Got the amp in (DAT 4125), got it all wired... tested it... it worked great!!!

Set the gains using the sticky in the amplifier section here on the forum..

Worked even better!!!!!

Decided to put my old pioneer sub amp, infinity sub, and lanzar capacitor into the mix..

All worked great!

Till i started the car...

I heard a pop noise come from all my speakers... and now only the sub is working...????!?!?!?!?!????

WTF do i do now???????

What should i check?

Please just give me things to look at tomorrow morning.. anyone...

Its been a long long long day... and im not dealing with it tonight, im just going to bed, lol.

Thanks for any help guys.. im freaking out thinking i killed all my speakers in ten minutes...

If the sub is working, my guess would be a blown fuse on your mids/highs amp or the fuse on the power lead that feeds the mids/highs amp. First thing I'd do is check voltage at the amp, if you're getting voltage then a blown fuse probably isn't the issue. If you don't get any voltage, check the fuse on the main power lead that feeds the amp. If that's blown then it's very likely it's grounding out somewhere so you'd need to follow the wire all the way back to see where.

That's where I'd start. Good luck man

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Im gonna work on it tomorrow, already gave DAT a call.. EXCELLENT customer service btw!

Im sure i will get everything worked out.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

Im gonna work on it tomorrow, already gave DAT a call.. EXCELLENT customer service btw!

Im sure i will get everything worked out.

...Whoa. You gave them a call at 1:30AM (Ohio on Eastern time? then 2:30) and a person picked up the phone and helped you!?

That's beyond excellent CS! More companies should be like that!

BACK ON TOPIC (sorrrrry =[ )

I would check check check all the wiring, maybe you oopsed something like you suggested as well as checking fuses. Failing that, could it maybe be an issue on the input end of the amp? Maybe it's getting a signal that somehow is causing the amp to freak out? Forgive me if it's a dumb idea; it's late, I'm hot and tired lol.

Best of luck to ya and keep us posted!

Too many projects, too little time...

Okay, well i finally got out there this morning..

Removed the pioneer amp and infinity sub and capacitor..

replaced the 4gauge wire from the dist blocks to the DAT with 8gauge wire.

Cleaned up allot of the connections so there was no chance of wires touching..

Still diddnt work.....

Figured i would pull the fuses, one came out normal... i pulled the other one out, and first the plastic came off the metal..

Then the rest of the fuse came out in 4 pieces..

Apparently it was just a faulty fuse, but its all fixed now =]. I will put the sub back in when i get all the filters set the way i want them, will prob just make things easier.

But once again EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!... called them at 11:30 Cali time, 2:30 my time.. David was quick to answer all my questions for me

Thanks for everything guys!

now my only problem is that i bought ten feet of 4gauge i have no use for.. and i need more 8 gauge.. haha.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

good to hear it was just a bad fuse, if you need help or have any other issues dont hesitate to give me a call back.

thanks for the kind words, we just want to take care of our customers the best we can.

Okay, well i finally got out there this morning..

Removed the pioneer amp and infinity sub and capacitor..

replaced the 4gauge wire from the dist blocks to the DAT with 8gauge wire.

Cleaned up allot of the connections so there was no chance of wires touching..

Still diddnt work.....

Figured i would pull the fuses, one came out normal... i pulled the other one out, and first the plastic came off the metal..

Then the rest of the fuse came out in 4 pieces..

Apparently it was just a faulty fuse, but its all fixed now =]. I will put the sub back in when i get all the filters set the way i want them, will prob just make things easier.

But once again EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!... called them at 11:30 Cali time, 2:30 my time.. David was quick to answer all my questions for me

Thanks for everything guys!

now my only problem is that i bought ten feet of 4gauge i have no use for.. and i need more 8 gauge.. haha.

use the 4awg and scrap the 8awg

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.