Sonic Electronix

i've heard from excessive amperage that if you connect the amp directly to the alternator, and not the battery it can cause damage to the alternator.

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

because they had told me that if my amp was clipping it was becase of the battery and it would be better to connect it to the alternator

wtf?! easiest way to get rid of clipping is to turn the gain down.

lol srsly?

edit. lol @ your ava

Edited by EricR

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I think its the amp then because it stays connected 24/7 and its a kicker amp so yeah.,,,

The amp is supposed to be connected "24/7", and what the hell do you mean by "and its a kicker amp so yeah.,,,"? The problem with that is you have it set to rca signal on, or you have power to the remote wire at all times.

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me

The amp is supposed to be connected "24/7", and what the hell do you mean by "and its a kicker amp so yeah.,,,"? The problem with that is you have it set to rca signal on, or you have power to the remote wire at all times.

When i said 24/7 isnt the "little green light on the kicker amp suppose to turn off when you turn off the car"?

because it stays on even when i take off 1 fuse it still stays on i have to take off both fuses then the light turns red for a few secs then goes off completley

When i said 24/7 isnt the "little green light on the kicker amp suppose to turn off when you turn off the car"?

because it stays on even when i take off 1 fuse it still stays on i have to take off both fuses then the light turns red for a few secs then goes off completley

It def sounds like your remote wire isnt functioning right. thats about all that could be wrong from what you describe.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

Not a really bad problem, just really bad installers. Do you guys have any idea what you are doing?!? Remote wire to the amp should be connected to the remote wire on your head unit OR ignition wire for you car. That way the amp shuts off when your stereo and/or car is off. Running a power wire off the alternator is BAD and will not solve clipping, kick the idiot who said that in the nuts for trying to break your stuff. Run the power wire off the battery to the amp. The power wire is the amps constant power, not the remote. A battery is needed between an amp and the alt. The amp will suck all the alt can give and then go to the battery by taking least resistant path. That can cause your alt to overheat, can create belt slippage, MASSIVE voltage drops and I'm sure there are some more factors that could fuck your alt over. Battery is a cushion, use it like everyone else does! Use google, find an amp wiring diagram and use it. Crutchfield used to have a good how-to video for nubes that I used to have a link for. Its been awhile check there. Start from scratch, cause you guys are the problem. Good luck! Hope you didn't fuck something up.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!