Second Skin Audio

Tline Tuning

So im lookin to see if i can get anything more outta my setup...Im currently runing 2 clarion PXW1251s in a 5 cube box tuned to 30 Hz. Im lookin at going to about 4.6-4 cubes tuned to 35 Hz, but i dont wanna loose my lows. So now im thinkin about a Tline. Only thing is, how low should i tune it? Tlines are new to me.

Subs specs that you may need to give me a bit of advice

FS: 30.76

Qms: 6.759

Qts: .545

Just not sure what to tune it to, it will be for 2 12s

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

So ive done some math, and layed it out on sketchup. Its gunna be a big box, but i can get 160 sq in of port and tune it to 36-40 Hz. Im wantin to give this a shot, see how it sounds. Next week i got pretty much nothin to do and i figure what better way to kill some time than tryin out a new enclosure right?

Edit for pics...

tlineforclarion.jpg

Edited by siucsaluki11

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

well, i can fix that, im takin off in a few to go shooting but ill work on it when i get back to the hotel.

is too much port area bad on a t-line? EX. say i have 160 IN of surface area between my 2 12s. (rounded number) and i got 180 in of port, cuz of design issues, is that a problem?

EDIT: So i got it at 192 in^2 if i stack them. Thats with leaving the port at 8" wide. I can cut it down to 7 but tat has to wait till tonight or tomorrow. That will put me back down at 160 in^2. Cant go narrower than 7 cuz the subs mounting depth is 6 1/4"

Edited by siucsaluki11

Using math on the first page of the T-line thread you should have something like this:

( 1130 / freq ) / ¼ = ¼ wave length and ( Cone Area / 2 ) = ( X )² x 3.14 = X in²

SO....

( 1130 / 30.76 ) / ¼ = 12.245ft and ( 11 / 2 ) = (5.5)² x 3.14 = 94.985n² (90in² rounded)

SO you need to have 90n² of constant port with the port length totaling 12.245ft.

Of course all that math is just for one 12. If you can figure out the math and squeeze two 12's in the same port (which I doubt you can) Then you'll need

atleast 24in ~25in height internally and if you go with 25in tall then your width can only be 3.6. Because 25 x 3.6 = 90n² and 3.6 won't cut it unless your running some really shallow subs.

Not sure is if you can boost the 90n² to 180n² and run both subs in the same chamber. Might wanna ask forever bumpin about that.

But if you could then you're golden because 25in x 7.2in = 180n² and 7.2 is plenty of mounting room.

SO... you're port would need to be 25in tall x 7.2in wide x 12.245ft long.

Confirm that info tho.

~Kurk

Edited by SojiaRaggs9000

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Using math on the first page of the T-line thread you should have something like this:

( 1130 / freq ) / ¼ = ¼ wave length and ( Cone Area / 2 ) = ( X )² x 3.14 = X in²

SO....

( 1130 / 30.76 ) / ¼ = 12.245ft and ( 11 / 2 ) = (5.5)² x 3.14 = 94.985n² (90in² rounded)

SO you need to have 90n² of constant port with the port length totaling 12.245ft.

Of course all that math is just for one 12. If you can figure out the math and squeeze two 12's in the same port (which I doubt you can) Then you'll need

atleast 24in ~25in height internally and if you go with 25in tall then your width can only be 3.6. Because 25 x 3.6 = 90n² and 3.6 won't cut it unless your running some really shallow subs.

Not sure is if you can boost the 90n² to 180n² and run both subs in the same chamber. Might wanna ask forever bumpin about that.

But if you could then you're golden because 25in x 7.2in = 180n² and 7.2 is plenty of mounting room.

Confirm that info tho.

~Kurk

As i recall the port area needed to be equal to the total amount of surface area of the woofers. so using ur math, i need 180 in^2 of port. I was planning on tuning a bit higher than the subs FS cuz its so low. Even at 25 in i would need roughly 7" of port width.

Tuned to 33.2 Hz is only 8.4 ft for the 1/4 wave. I was going to run both subs same chamber, im pretty sure you can do that. I just need to make sure they are perfectly alligned. I may end up going subs and port up

Heres the old one modded a bit to fit the 2 12s. Only problem is that there is too much port area now. I could cut it down if need be.

newtlineforclarions.jpg

Edited by siucsaluki11

Im pretty sure if you build a t line you need to tune it to the subs FS... that's the whole point of the t line... When I built mine I built it to my FS which was 38. something and it got loud! The point of a t line is your building the perfect environment for the sub to play in.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

and u need to check ur maths 1/4 wave for 30 Hz is just over 9 ft. Is it bad to tune it 5-6 Hz over the Fs?

SO....

Confirm that info tho.

~Kurk

dude how do you figure out the math is there like a formula you use i dont understand it could you please explain it to me thanks ~will