what to look for in power wire?

ok so i have been lurking from site to site looking at different brands of 1/0 wire.... im looking for wire that is flexible, high strand count, and great price...

now some of the wire i have seen his silver tinned copper and other wire is pure copper.... what is the point of silver tinned? is it better or worse than pure copper?

i like knukoncepts prices on their silver tinned wire... i also noticed that kicker hyperflex is also silver tinned....

but i also have found that sonicelectronics has 1/0 streetwires wire which is pure copper for a great price...... but i dont know their strand count...

im also wondering about welding cable... but i noticed that its copper strands are much thicker but less strands obviously..

what can you guys tell me about the different types of wire and what to look for... i plan on running 1/0 between front and rear batteries and to an amp that puts out a around 2000 to 2500rms

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

ok so i have been lurking from site to site looking at different brands of 1/0 wire.... im looking for wire that is flexible, high strand count, and great price...

now some of the wire i have seen his silver tinned copper and other wire is pure copper.... what is the point of silver tinned? is it better or worse than pure copper?

i like knukoncepts prices on their silver tinned wire... i also noticed that kicker hyperflex is also silver tinned....

but i also have found that sonicelectronics has 1/0 streetwires wire which is pure copper for a great price...... but i dont know their strand count...

im also wondering about welding cable... but i noticed that its copper strands are much thicker but less strands obviously..

what can you guys tell me about the different types of wire and what to look for... i plan on running 1/0 between front and rear batteries and to an amp that puts out a around 2000 to 2500rms

I am not sure about the kicker wire, but I have heard from others to stay away from the silver tinned Knu wire, about the strands and welding wire, basically it is like this welding wire works fine for audio, lots of people use it and all have had a good exp. with it, the main problem with it having less strand count is it isnt as flexable, that is one of the main advantages of having high strand count. I personally have had exp with the Knu flex wire, the Kicker Hyperflex, and with Stinger Wire, all 3 of these brands performed great for me. I dont have any exp. with street wire so I couldnt say.

As for your situation, if you are using the wire for the big 3 welding wire will work great, but doing a run to the back under the carpet through the cabin, I would recomend getting wire with a higher strand count, so it is easier to follow the contours of the floor board.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

i too have had experience with the 4awg kicker hyperflex... and i loved they flexibility.... but after reading around ive seen that people discourage using the silver tinned wire because its not as conductive(word?) as pure copper...

i was also looking at that monster wire till i saw the streetwires... i still have yet to find something that tells the strand count....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

I am not sure about the kicker wire, but I have heard from others to stay away from the silver tinned Knu wire, about the strands and welding wire, basically it is like this welding wire works fine for audio, lots of people use it and all have had a good exp. with it, the main problem with it having less strand count is it isnt as flexable, that is one of the main advantages of having high strand count. I personally have had exp with the Knu flex wire, the Kicker Hyperflex, and with Stinger Wire, all 3 of these brands performed great for me. I dont have any exp. with street wire so I couldnt say.

As for your situation, if you are using the wire for the big 3 welding wire will work great, but doing a run to the back under the carpet through the cabin, I would recomend getting wire with a higher strand count, so it is easier to follow the contours of the floor board.

strand count isn't for flexibility, it's for the "skin effect", the electricity doesn't travel through the core of a strand of wire, it "wraps" itself around the surface of it. more strand count means more surface area for the electricity to flow with....just look up skin effect, lots of info on it, but does apply more to AC power....either way strand count is about more than just being flexible.

like most of the other brands like kicker,streetwire,stinger the all about the same the same id go with the knu because it has the higest strand count ive seen and its about the same price as the rest i thik its cheaper but go with silver tinted wire silver is one of the best conductors out there and with thread count its is importand because if you dont know electricty travels on the out side of the wire so more thread count more surface area to travel on

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

i love the RF flex wire...i got the 1/0 and the 2/0 that shit is serious and its soooo easy to work with

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!