Ram Posted June 27, 2009 Report Posted June 27, 2009 so, like it says, anyone used the 15" VMax? Ive used the 12" but i dont know how the 15" performs. I am trying to compare them to the DC LVL 2 15" which would you guys go with and why? thanks.
Guest Posted June 27, 2009 Report Posted June 27, 2009 the 15 sounds a little louder than the 12..... we cant really tell you what sub would be louder than another sub. the only way to find out is to try it out.
Ram Posted June 27, 2009 Author Report Posted June 27, 2009 Im not asking if the DC would be louder, i LOVED the 12...Im asking for people who have used either to say what they think. thanks for your input though
Colin - STAPUFT Posted June 27, 2009 Report Posted June 27, 2009 I would go with the DCs. I have the 12" VEGA series (very similar to the V-Max, just older). I had a chance to sit in 96 Tacoma's Dodge truck with 6 of the DC 15s and it got up and sounded really good doing it. If I were to get all new subs and I was looking for something along that line of power and output, I would go with the DC Level 2s. Just on my opinion part- Cerwin-Vega! isn't the company it used to be. They were once a USA company that really cared about it's products. They were sold about a year ago, and they seem to have become just another company that makes audio equipment for the $$$, and not so much for the quality. I feel you would get much better service and way better bang for your buck getting the DCs. 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
cracker Posted June 27, 2009 Report Posted June 27, 2009 I would go with the DCs. I have the 12" VEGA series (very similar to the V-Max, just older). I had a chance to sit in 96 Tacoma's Dodge truck with 6 of the DC 15s and it got up and sounded really good doing it. If I were to get all new subs and I was looking for something along that line of power and output, I would go with the DC Level 2s.Just on my opinion part- Cerwin-Vega! isn't the company it used to be. They were once a USA company that really cared about it's products. They were sold about a year ago, and they seem to have become just another company that makes audio equipment for the $$$, and not so much for the quality. I feel you would get much better service and way better bang for your buck getting the DCs. sorry for bein a lil off topic but i love the way ya vegas look in your ride , always liked em for whatever rwason. also wondered about the V max. March 2010 SOTM winner my old buildhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/50219-dank-aka-crackers-bonne-new-v2-build-in-the-works-hahahaaaaaa/page__hl__crackers my youtube page - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jackiedan04#g/u my feedback - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/56540-official-cracker-feedback/ i need tacos and bass to live!!!!! and will NEVER change hahaaaa TEAM NOIZE VIOLATION
Ram Posted June 27, 2009 Author Report Posted June 27, 2009 i figured so. i chose to compare DC because i LOVE the service rusty provides when asking him questions. I just recently came across the 15s, didnt know that they made em. I have alot of people ask me for cheap 15s, so i wanted to find out opinions about them before i throw the CV name out there. thanks colin.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.