Sonic Electronix

Sounds like tweeters are screaming?

I recently picked up two 6x9's that also have tweeters on them. On certain frequencies (high ones) at high gain levels it sounds like the tweeters are screaming, that is, it makes an extremely obnoxious, distorted sound. The main body of the 6x9's work fine. What is happening here?

Edit: I have identified the problem as being with only one of the speakers. Still, the highs do get a bit iffy (like it's about to distort horribly at any time).

I recently picked up two 6x9's that also have tweeters on them. On certain frequencies (high ones) at high gain levels it sounds like the tweeters are screaming, that is, it makes an extremely obnoxious, distorted sound. The main body of the 6x9's work fine. What is happening here?

distortion, too much treble on the HU and tooo much volume. turn the treble down and dont turn the volume up so high and it should sound better. if nothin else more powa hahaa

distortion, too much treble on the HU and tooo much volume. turn the treble down and dont turn the volume up so high and it should sound better. if nothin else more powa hahaa

Well, I'm not really an expert per say, but, I believe the function of the tweeter is so that it can hit those high notes.

If I were you, I would call back the manufacturing place where you bought them from and explain to them about the defects about one of your speakers.

If you have bought it within 30 days at most, most places will send you a replacement or you can get your money back.

If the item comes with a 1 year warranty, then they will simply just replace it.

Not trying to go against 'crackers's comment or anything, but my tweeters hits high notes superbly no matter what volume or treble setting I may have my headunit on.

Archived