Blown crossover, strange noise from speakers

Recently just installed new front speakers into my system.

My stereo now plays a whining noise which does not seem to be engine induced. Before installing speakers everything was fine no noise.

Here are my symptoms:

Tested a speaker on the headunit with speaker wire outputs = GOOD

Ran new remote wire and still noise

Ran new RCA wire to back and still noise

On my new component speakers one of the capacitors blew very badly where it was smoking out of one of the new speakers

Rear speakers which weren't touched with are now making noise as well

The comps in the front are 2 ohms. The ones in the back are 4 ohm. possible amp problem from mixing ohm loads?

Also,

after attempting to play it with the noise, one of the crossovers exploded. a cotton like material exploded everywhere from outside the crossover. The subs seem to be rumbling as well even with the volume down.

Wondering what you guys think this could be and what would be a way to test the output and input problems on my headunit/main speakers amp.

Thanks

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

(4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s

(16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange

http://www.youtube.com/Owners1

after attempting to play it with the noise, one of the crossovers exploded. a cotton like material exploded everywhere from outside the crossover. The subs seem to be rumbling as well even with the volume down.Thanks

The cotton like stuff that blew out from the caps on the crossover are the only thing i can shed any light into..

Ive only seen that happen when you hook one up backwards to a higher voltage.. A 1/4farad cap will blow a hole in your hand if it lets go(seen it) from being hooked up wrong. Do you have a small light bulb in your crossover? is it lighting up all the time? if so you are leaking lots of high voltage to the speaker and could be a amp problem from my experiences..Your sure to get some more experienced members to chime in here..

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

there isn't actually any light bulbs on this particular crossover I don't think. I was hoping I could some how replace the the part that blew without having to buy a whole new crossover because I'm sure the company is going to rape me on the price (they are RE XXX).

Also, I am going to go test my amp right now at my friends house. Will update when I get back.

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

Possibly... Is the noise there with the ignition off (key set to accessory), and there with the key in ignition and when the car is running as well?

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

what kinda headunit is it? u try grounding the rcas at the headunit n see if that works? ive blew a few caps on some smaller speakers befor due to a clipped high freq from switchin around the eq, and it just popped

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

is it a screen type radio or just a basic cd player? ive seen those gmos's do some funky things with screens when you dont run a relay past them...

if the noise changes pitch when you hit the accelerator, its most likely alternator whine and can usually be solved by grounding the rca's to the hu, then the hu to the amp chassis, and then using a common power/ground for both units (do in order until noise stops)

if tis just a constant whine, unplug the rca's and plug them in one at a time, testing each one in each input. if you find only one does it, it usually indicates either a bad crossover (obvious that in this case it exists) or a blown speaker...at which point you should pull the speaker and test it further

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

you were all right. I had to ground the RCA to the head unit and the problem is fixed. and yes it's a screen and yes it's a pioneer lol I guess it's a known problem.

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's