Head Unit Search

I've been searching through head units for the last 3-4 days. Looking to see what you guys have experienced. I've been reading alot of the reviews as well. Here's what I know I want.

CD/MP3 and AAC readable if possible.

Ipod

USB/Aux ports (front and rear preferably)

3 Sets of Preamps 4v potentially.

Around 20w RMS

*Question here, if i run a separate amp for the door speakers, does the RMS of the HU matter?

Flip out would be very nice but not really needed because I would like to keep the price under 400 and I don't think any quality ones would be for this price. Could be wrong but I've yet to see it.

Cloest ones I have seen to what I want are the pioneer premiers but even though the pioneer i have now has lasted a good 6-7 yrs, Im looking for a good sound quality HU

Will add more once I think of it.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

Alpine CDA-9886

RMS wattage of the head-unit doesn't matter when you're running external door amps.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I've been searching through head units for the last 3-4 days. Looking to see what you guys have experienced. I've been reading alot of the reviews as well. Here's what I know I want.

CD/MP3 and AAC readable if possible.

Ipod

USB/Aux ports (front and rear preferably)

3 Sets of Preamps 4v potentially.

Around 20w RMS

*Question here, if i run a separate amp for the door speakers, does the RMS of the HU matter?

Flip out would be very nice but not really needed because I would like to keep the price under 400 and I don't think any quality ones would be for this price. Could be wrong but I've yet to see it.

Cloest ones I have seen to what I want are the pioneer premiers but even though the pioneer i have now has lasted a good 6-7 yrs, Im looking for a good sound quality HU

Will add more once I think of it.

wats wrong pioneer for sq they kick ass

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

I love Pioneer was just more about seeing whats all out there. The premier seems to be the one that has everything I'm looking for. Anyone have one of these? I dont think Pioneer has bad SQ didnt mean for it to come out like that lol

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

lol, i got a oldschool 860 but im keepin it, this would be ur best bet if u wanted to keed a single din and have those features http://www.woofersetc.com/p8106/DEHP710BT-...P3-Receiver.htm , and it looks pritty cool imo, i want to upgrade to a 800 but my headunit has almost all the same features as it does and still sounds good, i love me some 6.5v preouts with 12band eq, and mine can be ran in pro mode with front rcas high output, rear mid output, sub sub output with seperate eq and gain for each, i aint got enough amps atm to run it like this yet, but sometime later ima run full active n see if it sounds better

but for around $400 u can get all kinds of diff things ina headunit, i dnt need anything cept a ipod iterface n im good to go

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Are there any Alpines, Kenwoods, Eclipses that have.

*3 sets of atleast 4v Preamps

* Front and Rear Usb input or maybe just 2x rear

*Front Aux input

*Cd/Mp3/Acc readable

I've went through crutchfield and sonixx still waitin for somethin to jump out at me other than the pioneer premier, seems like when i think im just goin to get it, i read somethin negative about it

Here's the one I'm thinking about.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17693_...DEH-P510UB.html

Old Setup

Was thinking about it and having a good shuffle function would also be nice. Not one that just skips to the next song, but completely random.

Old Setup

Is it true that the Pioneers preamps pick up noise easily? The one I've had for a long time doesnt seem to, and if it does its not noticable.

Old Setup

Any opinons on this? My concern is the pre amps picking up noise or being bad quality but it seems to have everything feature wise i want. Unless I can find a similar one with 2 usb ports on the back and just the aux upfront.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17693_...DEH-P510UB.html

Old Setup

Archived