HOW LOW CAN I GO ? QUESTIONS NEED HELP PLEASE?

HOw low ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. HOW low should i go?

• 3/4 DJM drop ?
    • 4/5 drop ?

Not really bro but if you plan on trying to go all out to just lower it(overkill being that your not bagging it)... then plan on pulling off the cab and bed and boxing in, cutting, and welding the frame and doing the c-notch... just a bunch of extra stuff and extra money to spend and hope you got a good welder...

nahhh not going to do overkill drop lmao...its going to be a nice low drop..my friend has his dropped and his looks good so hes gonna help me put the stuff on i just need to get a little more money togther for it...

and my bro's a welder lol...like he went to college and all that happy crap for it

nahhh not going to do overkill drop lmao...its going to be a nice low drop..my friend has his dropped and his looks good so hes gonna help me put the stuff on i just need to get a little more money togther for it...

and my bro's a welder lol...like he went to college and all that happy crap for it

cool but I was talking about welding machine not a person to weld it haha...

cool but I was talking about welding machine not a person to weld it haha...

ohhh haha that wat a good one...

yeah ima drop just nice drop and not put on ground heck id just do bags if that was my intentions lol...if had to lol..

:good:

Not sure how much of a difference there is between your 88 and my 01 but mine is lowered 3.5''front,5''rear

Front

1. Factory ''Extreme'' coil springs 1.5'' drop

2. Belltech drop spindles 2'' drop

Rear

1. Belltech leaf springs 3'' drop

2. 2'' blocks

I also have the proper shocks front and rear. My truck has been this way for about 5 years so I know from experience the truck will have an ''OK'' ride at best. If your truck has the crossmember that hangs below the framerails you should replace that with the one from suicidedoors.com otherwise it will scrape just about everything.

TDH FTW !!!

Not sure how much of a difference there is between your 88 and my 01 but mine is lowered 3.5''front,5''rear

Front

1. Factory ''Extreme'' coil springs 1.5'' drop

2. Belltech drop spindles 2'' drop

Rear

1. Belltech leaf springs 3'' drop

2. 2'' blocks

I also have the proper shocks front and rear. My truck has been this way for about 5 years so I know from experience the truck will have an ''OK'' ride at best. If your truck has the crossmember that hangs below the framerails you should replace that with the one from suicidedoors.com otherwise it will scrape just about everything.

ohhhh...alright...thanks man ill see what i can figure up...gotta find a little more money some unexpected crap came up put me behind on lowering it...

Uhhh no way dude thats plain stupid.

That would be so unsafe.

yea thats wat i said but people keep sayin its safe n when i say its not they dont believe me..

man i gotta find like a professional or w.e and ask them...

• 1 month later...

well, I've had a ton of these trucks, and the easiest and cheapest way to lower an S10 is first spend a few bucks on a set of 2100 belltech spindles, buy lowering springs OR cut a round to round and a half off of your factory springs, mono leaf the rear and do a 2-3" block. Then your gonna have to cut of the bumpstop bracket, HOWEVER it is very easy to do. You can notch the frame and gastank crossmember for more clearance but it's all up to you.

Remember, if you lower your truck mono leafing it, you will experience more axle wrap. Effectively, by mono leafing (pulling a leaf in the leaf pack) your making the leaf pack weaker (changing the spring rate of the pack) and the actually weight of the truck is causing the spring to collapse, therefor lowering the truck, usually 2-3 inches. SO, if you do this, you can't drive it like you stole it unless you like replacing u-joints and axles, BUT it is the most cost-effective way of lowering these trucks. And remember, your payload capacity will also be greatly effected, since your taking away spring rate (stiffness).

BTW, my truck is lowered with Spindles,3" springs (cut a hair),3" blocks, mono leaf, and belltech shocks all the way around. And it is my everyday driver, and yes, it rides/drives great.

Okay, let me give you an idea of what some different drops look like. I have a 94 S-10 thats been dropped 2 times & C-notched. maybe these pics will help you decide. Let me know if it helps. If you have any other questions or want more pics let me know.

3/4 drop= 3" drop control arms & 4" blocks. Toxic drop shocks in front, nitro shocks in rear

5/7 drop= ^^^these parts + 2" drop coils & 3" drop leaves.

For a daily I think 5/7 is too much. it looks awesome but I drag it on a lot of stuff & before I notched it I broke 4 gas tanks bc of the truck bottoming out. I'd go 3/4

This is the truck at stock height

Posted Image

This is lowered 3/4

Posted Image

This is lowered 5/7

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the frame, slightly cleaned up from stock. Some parts have been removed.

Posted Image

These are the completed notches. 2x4 box tube. I had to relocate some stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

& this is the bed after notches

Posted Image

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

yea i go and get just like a 100 dollar kit that has the springs and blocks but you may want to get a set of drop shocks also.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

Archived