turn the boxes so that the ports are firing up towards the ceiling, u might notice a difference

These are actually in my 09 Jetta now, seeing as there in a trunk now and not a open back, would that still make any difference? I see most setups have the drivers facing up towards the ceiling, maybe I should try both and see what happens eh? Couldn't hurt lol.

Edited by SocoJoe

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

facing the sub and the port to the back seat moves a lot of air and if you seal it form the back keeps the license plate from rattling so bad

Yeah wish I would have posted this on here when I first built them lol, prolly could have gotten ideas for a better box design. Then again I doubt the box would be able to fit into my Jetta, which is what there in now. But who knows, I still have a decent amount of room in my Jetta, so whenever I do upgrade to beefier subs, it shouldn't be, that big a deal, guess I will see when that days comes.

Thinking about putting a 90° piece of pvc onto my port now, maybe lower it a little, any suggestions on yay or nay?

It's currently 3" D x 10" L

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

Hmm, 3", Is there any port noise?

Shit I honestly have no idea, you can watch the one youtube vid I have posted up there to maybe see? I mean if there was port noise it'd be pretty noticeable right? Sounds good to me when playing, so I dunno. :lol:

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers