Sonic Electronix

Headunits? (budget friendly and can handle bass)

As stated, im looking for a good budget headunit (like, as in something under 200) that can take an ass kickin' from bass.

'cause im not too familiar with HU's, so... what would ya'll recommend would be good?

(CD player with MP3 playback would be nice >.>)

man, I need to catch up with the forum and get like an mp3 player or something :P

but anyway still, any help would be great, if its something I can find on Audiosavings or Sonic Electronix (mainly anything good online) shoot a link along with the post so I can compare em.

(( Specifications - I have about 8 inches of usable room, so most HUs should fit, it should be a 1 DIN HU <and if it comes with a E DIN converter that would be awesome> ))

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Get something with an Aux or USB input. I'm yet to find a HU that doesn't skip CDs when I have it turned up, solid state is the way to go (or a changer)

Tried everything from $50 Panasonics to $600+ Pioneer and Alpines, they all skip once you get much over 145dB :(

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

hmmm, well, any AUX/USB head units that arent too terribly priced I should check out?

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

hmmm, well, any AUX/USB head units that arent too terribly priced I should check out?

I just had a look on Sonic and there are HU's with USB and mp3 CD capability for around your price range. With more options included of course.

2005 Ford Explorer

Pioneer Premier DEH-P800PRS

Alpine MRP-F550

Kicker KX600.1

Alpine Type-X 6.5's

And a Big Thanks to Clay of A Team Audio for the DC Level 3-12" Sub!

Definitely get something with a usb input. I just picked up a brand new Pioneer for $110 shipped that has mp3 capability, usb input, ipod input, three sets of 4v preouts, and a lot of other features that I haven't figured out yet. It's actually a little too complicated for my taste but it was such a good deal I had to buy it.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

im liking the CDA-105 Alpine, anyone know how well it can handle beats?

im just looking for something that wont be too bad with a daily set-up (as in like 2 RE SEX 12s, or maybe 15s, havent decided on that yet, looking for good beat that wont kill my budget)

tl dr version - How well can an alpine head unit take a daily beating?

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

Archived