1999 chevy Tahoe build. Lots of videos added. and 150+db at 35hz!

very nice hoe man! If you got a link to that guage cluster I would like to have it!

those gauges look sick!!!

question, where did you get your maxxlink from?

Thanks guys!!

Actually bought it from Kent Hill thru handkaudio.com

I bought 2 sets of American Bass coaxles the maxxlink, and 2 other things which I forget, but it was around $110 for everything shipped.

But Id be very careful or just wouldnt deal with him at all. I needed it bad, and Still never got a PM back from the team maxxsonics guys that where selling them so I went with Kent.

I know he has ripped people off with batteries susposivly, he said he shipped them, the other guy has 2 different mailing addys and never got them at either place. Neither of them have provided said proof iirc.

But I got all my ordered stuff bnib in working condition with very fast shipping, after the big scandal. So its really hard to say who is at fault. Lol

John, I got the dash bezel from www.speedhut.com

Its made from Stainless steel and they come in Chrome for $16 or a stainless steel brushed look for $13.

Chrome- http://www.speedhut.com/product_detail-AUTO_NUMBER-279.htm

Brushed- http://www.speedhut.com/product_detail-AUTO_NUMBER-82.htm

Nice and cheap, and a good way to add a little more style to the plain black looking dash, or the glow gauges.

As for the glow gauges, I bought them from ebay. Speedhut has some, but none for the tahoes for some odd reason.

They are $30.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-99-CHEVY...sQ5fAccessories

Same kit I bought from the same ebay user too!!

Everything is looking good and loud for sure, any particular reason u went with subs/port firing towards the rear?? Didn't know if it had been mentioned before. How do u like the SPL-Dynamics amps?? I know one of my old teammates 3000Ds were absolute beasts, but were quite pricey.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I went with a PWK Box design. Just wanted to try out something new that was a sure thing for a 150+db at 35 hz.

Im planning to make a new box, have something I designed and want to try, just need money for supplies and time to get into my buddys woodshop where the SawStop lives at to slice up some lumber :)

The spls are nice!!! they like to be loaded down to make power from I noticed.

I bought them like 6 or 7 years ago. I want to say around 1800$ per amp, but there was a nice $300 international shipping charge on that to ship from Finland to the USA.

I was kinda noobish when I bought them. I just knew DD and SPL Dynamics set world records. So that pretty much sold me on them.

I blew one up running it on stock a stock alt, red top, and 0 gauge wiring on 2 kicker l7s (toasted the hell out of 1 sub, tore the cone from the surround on the other).That was when I first got my caddy, so it was a easy 5 years ago.

Then when I walled my caddy almost 2 years ago now, I still had the one working spl so I ran it at .2 ohms DAILY. However my DMM batteries where dead and it was showing me a load of 1.1, I knew all coils wired parallel couldnt of been 1.1 ohms, so I thought i had a lot of rise. A few days later demoing the stereo it went into thermo protect, so I turned it off and back on to over ride protect, demoed it some more, it protected again, so I reset it yet again, and that time it went up.

Needless to say I left them chill on my table as some sexy paper weights and bought some American Bass VFL150.1s for a good price and powered my wall with those.

The 2009 competition season got me itching to bring the spls back to life, so I sent them to db-r and had them fully rebuilt. They are strong as hell now and are doing a great job and being very reliable in a daily driver at .75 ohm nominal for such old amps.

Id like to drop them down to .5 ohm daily, but I need to get rid of my cheap 0 gauge wire that is the size of a quality 4 gauge wire, and need to get some more batteries too, and a 2nd or 3rd alt wouldnt be a bad idea.

But I really like having something extremely rare in the USA. Not many of these amps floating around in the states :)

I wish I could find 2 more matching amps and strap 2 amps per dd9518...

Oh, and did I mention these 2 3000wrms amps walk all over a DD Z2LV 8300+wrms amp by 1.4 db!! tho I had the z2lv wired at 1.5ohm nom so after rise it didnt make as much power.

Yea bro the SPL-Dynamics are no jokes, absolute beasts for sure... That's why in the past few years, look at Euro WFs and a ton of cars are running their amps.

We did a little testing a lil while back w/ the 3000D + AB 400.1, both wired @ .5ohm(can't remember the rise, but was in the low 1.? range). The 3000D was only .4db off what the 400.1 did, amps were just swapped(same everything in his ride). He had 3 3000Ds that his cousin brought over from England when he came here for 6 months a couple years ago. I know his amps weren't $1800 though i know that, more in the range of like $1200-1400 + shipping which was just stupid expensive.

He's had the two 3000Ds running @ .5ohm each daily for like 2+ years now with no issues and has burped them @ .25ohms many many times problem free. He does have a seriously stout electrical setup though, only @ .25 did he see any kind of decent voltage drop, which still only was into the low 13s.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I love DD.

I much rather look at a build with something other than Fi or DC.

Great job I love that box.

lol that was funny. are you not happy with your dc in your sig?

on topic hoe is crazy. and how did you make that volt meter?

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

• 4 weeks later...

Archived