Sonic Electronix

clipping is over driving the amp. asking it to handle more power than it can put out. you can prevent by not over gaining the amp. use a DMM or oscope to set the gain

causes subs/ speakers to over heat..

Edited by shainemcconnell

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

clipping is over driving the amp. asking it to handle more power than it can put out. you can prevent by not over gaining the amp. use a DMM or oscope to set the gain

very nice,

also some songs have clipped signals in them,,you dont want to play these songs for they will clip your system!!!

you can check the songs with a program called "auducity" i believe it is,for any clipped signals

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

cool thanks and this may sound stupid but how do i know when im asking it to handle more power than it can put out

theres also some programs that you can fix the clipped songs with, by put them back at 0db or lower depening on the song, in any case clipping is the fastest way to blow you system even at low volume.

but ya watch what song you download, set you amp gain with scope and find out what your head unit clips at, if you do all that chances are you can run your system all day with out any worrys :)

theres also some programs that you can fix the clipped songs with, by put them back at 0db or lower depening on the song, in any case clipping is the fastest way to blow you system even at low volume.

but ya watch what song you download, set you amp gain with scope and find out what your head unit clips at, if you do all that chances are you can run your system all day with out any worrys :)

well damn i need that program!

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

what he said,you need an Oscope to set your gains,im not sure how to do it with a Dmm.

putting your gain too high+volume high will abuse your amp

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

alot of dj programs have it, say you got a song thats recorded at +5db you can go ahead and normalize it to 0db or lower if you'd like and most of the time that will take care of the clipping in the song unless they just totally screwed the song up, nero verison 6 had a wave editer that came with it that had this option to adjust the normal db level of the song and you could play song watch the meter on the said to see if it went above 0db, if it di then aka it would clip at that point

yeah..with a DMM you can not really see clipping...but if the voltage stops increaseing as u turn the gain up...chanecs are you are in clipping then. other than that besides the mentioned programs for songs the only real way to know if you are clipping is using an o-scope.n any other way pretty much is as good as guessing besides real bad clipping you can yeah of course.

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg