DC Sound Lab

how could that be bad sportsmanship ..if it is available for everyone to by if they chose......I mean useing 2 10's gives a total cone area of 157

if it were available to everyone then it would defeat the purpose, everyone would have them and you qould be back in the same boat.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

fail how....explain please.....What is wrong with a unconventional size sub?

if acoustically if it is not good fine,

But in competing isn't everyone looking for that little edge to push them ahead of the next person...different amps, different wire....HO Alts, Different batteries, different ways to set up systems...and so forth.

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

if it were available to everyone then it would defeat the purpose, everyone would have them and you qould be back in the same boat.

yes and no...what about the people that like running one sub setups...some people like 2 sub setups...yeah wouldnt really give much of an advantage...but thats not exactly the reason I would want it.

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

as already mentioned the cost to tool the basket.

not to mention tooling new surrounds, and cones. not to mention everyone who has a box build for a sub of x size diameter and new sub is different has to cut or double up their baffle, and even then your box will perform differently with the different amount of cone you would then have.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

the cost to tool that basket would be ridiculous

now I see that as a reason to not do it.

Team Pure Pressure

as already mentioned the cost to tool the basket.

not to mention tooling new surrounds, and cones. not to mention everyone who has a box build for a sub of x size diameter and new sub is different has to cut or double up their baffle, and even then your box will perform differently with the different amount of cone you would then have.

true...yes sorry replys are coming out as I type.......

as for the Box....I do not see that as a reason to not do it...building the perfect box for you sub is half of the....well....fun in it. If I get a new Sub I expect to have to build a new box.

But the cost..yes definetly a reson to not do it

Team Pure Pressure

yea but i like the fact that i can drop in my autorama box and put any 18" sub i want into it, to compare output, or take any of the other boxes in noobtastic's shed and drop in lvl5's next time instead of lvl 4 xl's. gives me room to upgrade without a rebuild.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

This idea makes no sense considering there is already a 15" subwoofer market that dominates.

You would need to tool up new baskets and softparts which would not pay off.

Stupid idea

No there are no stupid ideas, just stupid people with ideas...wait.....no scratch that. Anyway....like I said I was curious as to what thoughts on it were. and apparently no one really looks good on it for whatever reason.... I understand the cost reasons..

Team Pure Pressure

I think its a cool idea but there wouldnt be enough demand to do it.

Back when dB Drag was very popular, companies made things to fit the rules all the time,

Hence the 2000w amps rated at 50w, and 17" subs advertised as 15".

So if the particular competition class you are talking about was more popular, I would say to go for it, but realistically they may only sell a handful of subs so it wouldnt be worth it from a monetary point of view.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion