Second Skin Audio

16-10s vs. 4-12s?

10-10's vented.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

So I like the 10-10s idea so that i can port the box. It still brings me down to the 1 ohm rating i need. How does that idea sit with everyone else? obviously vs. the 4-12s

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

So I like the 10-10s idea so that i can port the box. It still brings me down to the 1 ohm rating i need. How does that idea sit with everyone else? obviously vs. the 4-12s

10-10's ported will destroy the 12's ported IMO, whatever you decide to do, be sure to do a build log with lots and lots of pics.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

10-10's ported will destroy the 12's ported IMO, whatever you decide to do, be sure to do a build log with lots and lots of pics.

Which amp to run on 10-10's question posted in the amplifier section, don't be afraid to leave your opinions there as well please!!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

8 12's ported.

If i could i would, but i'm gettin a steal of a deal on the 10s, $30 each, i can't really say no

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

(16) 10's is fun. . .These were $25 10" woofers and sealed. All 16 on 4000 watts RMS. VERY loud.

1610s.jpg

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

(16) 10's is fun. . .These were $25 10" woofers and sealed. All 16 on 4000 watts RMS. VERY loud.

1610s.jpg

Damn that thing looks loud as hell. Mine would be walled off in an extended cab Ranger. But a couple people suggested doing 10-10s which i'm assuming you saw and than i could port it, which will be nice since i like that deep boom as well. i wish i could have heard those 16 slammin away.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor