Second Skin Audio

16-10s vs. 4-12s?

I'm in the process of deciding on whether or not i should keep my current system of 4-12" Rockford Fosgate T1s in a ported box of these dimensions:

H=30"

D=17"

W=51"

Port of 10"x12"x16" long

OR

Should i do a sealed wall of 16-10" MTX Thunder 4500 subwoofers in about 15 cubes?

Any and everybody's opinion is welcome, i'm lookin for the shock and awe factor but it obviously needs to be loudest too. Get at me about what you think THANKS!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I'm in the process of deciding on whether or not i should keep my current system of 4-12" Rockford Fosgate T1s in a ported box of these dimensions:

H=30"

D=17"

W=51"

Port of 10"x12"x16" long

OR

Should i do a sealed wall of 16-10" MTX Thunder 4500 subwoofers in about 15 cubes?

Any and everybody's opinion is welcome, i'm lookin for the shock and awe factor but it obviously needs to be loudest too. Get at me about what you think THANKS!

How is that even a comparison on which will be louder, there is no doubt that the wall with 16 subs will be louder than 4 12's.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

wut kinda power r we lookin at here?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

16 10s.A CRAP LOAD MORE CONE AREA

16s 10s would be the same as 5 18s in terms of cone area.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

How is that even a comparison on which will be louder, there is no doubt that the wall with 16 subs will be louder than 4 12's.

I know that the wall would be louder but i'm looking for the deep hit of the ported box as well. I know that i'd have to sacrifice that deep hit with the wall unless i could configure a port that would better the wall but i'm limited on space in an extended cab Ranger.

wut kinda power r we lookin at here?

The 12s would be seeing about 3000 rms while the 10s would be seeing about 4000 rms

i had 4 12's in my minivan for a looonggg time, on about 600w rms, and they were amazing for my first setup :) all sealed lolz...anywho those 4500's are not too shabby for a cheapo woofer.

do 16 12's ftw

I'd love to be able to do 16-12s but like i said, space is limited. i had the 4500s in a bandpass box when i was in highschool and they slammed pretty hard, granted it was only 10s but hey everyone has to start somewhere right?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

10's all the way man

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Why not do a few less 10's and port the wall?

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg