Second Skin Audio

D2 Re XXX 05 Need quick opinion I have 1 hour to choose to buy

A local shop has a 05 XXX 18 D2 for $550. Is this a good deal? The subs I am looking at are the DC LVL 5, DD 9515. I like low freq. bass music and hip hop. Is this a good sub for me? 8 cubes 32hz. would be the box. RE told me they reccommend 1500rms which is a lot less than the DD and DC. Any quick help is much appreciated. No re dealers within 300 miles of me so I have no hands on experience with them. Thanks!

A local shop has a 05 XXX 18 D2 for $550. Is this a good deal? The subs I am looking at are the DC LVL 5, DD 9515. I like low freq. bass music and hip hop. Is this a good sub for me? 8 cubes 32hz. would be the box. RE told me they reccommend 1500rms which is a lot less than the DD and DC. Any quick help is much appreciated. No re dealers within 300 miles of me so I have no hands on experience with them. Thanks!

Eh.. I wouldn't call it a GOOD deal but reasonable. All three subs are very comparable in performance. Can you talk him down any? I'm thinking between $375-425 for one in new condition.

Edited by cc_audio

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

for $550 i would go with a dc level 5 instead

kia spectra 4 door

HU-a kenwood kdc-692x

optima red top under the hood ( kinetik battery or powermaster in the back )

Iraggi 260amp H/O alternator

1 set of knu kandy 1/0 guage wiring kit ( 2 more sets coming )

front speakers -

back speakers -

2 12" lv 4's with lvl 5 softparts ( going to be 4 in near future)

Sundown 3500d( going to be 2 sometime )

i have boughten from - Bass14(smd), ddbump(caraudioclassifieds)

That is talking him down. He wanted $720

Well, then tell him to Fuck Off!. A fully loaded BTL runs cheaper than that and will still put it to shame. Get the LVL 5, Rusty makes some amazing subs and it would be much easier to get another in the future. DD is incredible too.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

re told me they are great low freq. subs. Will I be more apt to hurt anyone of the three subs mentioned more than another by playing constant bass music?

The RE XXX and the DD are great for daily ground pounding and you can put crazy amounts of (clean) power to them without failing. The LVL 5 is SPL orientated but I'm sure the LVL 5 is just as reliable for daily use. I still would go with the LVL 5. Ask about their new coils, too.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

9500 would be a great sub for you.

tell him 500 no tax for that xxx cash sale

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz