Got Some New Toys And Decided To Go Wireless

Got a new laptop and some goodies to go with along w/ a netgear wireless router to go w/ it.

It aint the best they make but it also aint even close to the worst, I'd say it is the top of the line middle of the line notebooks. Hey I could of spent a lot more and not gotten any faster, just more features. It is a Toshiba Satellite A135 series.

newgoodies006.jpg

newgoodies003.jpg

the accessories: a wireless mouse that is nothing fancy, and a 4 gig (wouldve got 8 gig but caudruple the price for 4 gig) zip drive, all unused space over 512 megs gets used as ramm which is really cool.

newgoodies005.jpg

newgoodies007.jpg

Now for the wireless router, its nothing special either but it is my first one and has 6 channels you can use so that I can use my comp in my room, my new laptop, and the comp in my home office, plus the work laptop when I actually bring it home, plus more if I want to add some more but there is really no reason there is already 3 in the house haha. It is a netgear router which are supposed to be some of the price concious better ones.

newgoodies004.jpg

newgoodies001.jpg

oh yeah it lights up and flashes blue led's which is hella cool.

newgoodies002.jpg

Nuthin fancy but it is enough to get the job done, tell me what you guys think of my new gear.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

like the laptop. Ive heard good things about toshiba. And that router is hella cool.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

Intel core 2 t5500, and yes it is vista equiped, and yes vista is as bad as they say on permission pop-ups. Its all good though I like to be able to cancel opening a program I accidentally clicked.

The reason why I didn't get a mac is because I would have to relearn everything that I know about the comp and its commands and stuff. It would be like I am 5th grade again. Plus there is only one person I know around here that actually knows anything about mac's other than how to turn them on, haha. I might eventually get a mac but my next comp, will be a steve meade built computer, we have alrady discussed it.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

I was thinking about gettin a mac but when vista came out I said hell no.

Yeah apple may rip on vista, but basically its only problem is being new so a lot of older software clashes w/ it and has slight problems. I love vista really and I am prolly gonna switch my personal computer out w/ a newer vista based computer and then also have the gaming computer that steve will prolly end up building for me but that won't be for a lil while, at least 4 months.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

yeah I am actually typin on my laptop right now just to get used to it since I will be gone for a lil while and have to use it as my primary one. man, this is gonna suck oh well at least I have a fast ass laptop to make up for the dial up I am goin to have to use while I am gone.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg