Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Just starting sub box, need help!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a mid sized sedan (2000 grand am.) I am just starting the box. The back of the back seat is being removed so I can Mount the sub forward in the cabin. The MDF will then be foamed and clothed on each side of the sub so two people can still sit back there. My issue, Port. Can I make the Port on the top curving to follow straight back. In other words I will remove the x9's and port the box there on top of the rear deck and curve it to go straight back so I can get the port length I need. I wanted to do a wall, but my wife said "I dont think so!" so that is unfortunately not an option.

Posted

do the seats fold down?

if they do just put it in the trunk and seal off the box from the trunk.

subs and port forward

Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves

8 - Re SE 12"s

2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's

1 - vx4004 planet audio amp

big 3 1/0 gauge

MECHMAN 250 amp alt

MySpace

Posted

I just put the same setup in my sons Mazda 626. 15" MOJO with a MOJO 16-MC2000D. Sub forward and the port forward on the drivers side. Sealed up the openings tight with some rigid foam. It slams hard. Took the mirror off the windshield after a few weeks of bumpin. With the seats up or down it slams.

3521772316_b543247f2a_o.jpg

Posted

I need the extra few inches to get enough net box volume! WHen the seats are up wouldnt that muffle the port. Would that back pressure hurt anything? I have an Atomic APX 18 Hybrid that Im trading in for the APXX18 built like it should be, with 4" coils.

Posted
I need the extra few inches to get enough net box volume! WHen the seats are up wouldnt that muffle the port. Would that back pressure hurt anything? I have an Atomic APX 18 Hybrid that Im trading in for the APXX18 built like it should be, with 4" coils.

He takes it easy on the volume and sub level when the seats are up but most of the time their down and he's punishing the poor Mazda :aggressive:

Posted

I forgot to include the most important fact, the basket is too big to big for the sub to fit flush so it has to be forward a little so I cant use the stock back of the seat. img0473z.th.jpg and the APXX's motor is 1 inch bigger, but same basket!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9371 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...