Help me fix my ground loop please

You need a transformer based one. I don't know how the cheap ones work but the good ones actually electrically isolate the source from the device. This prevents the difference in potential between the 2 that creates the ground loop. Blocks DC but not AC (i.e. music) so it won't affect your midbass at all.

Anybody know where to get these or who makes them?

Just by chance did you try to ground your radio to where your amp ground is?

also if you have 2 battery's is each battery ground to a different location?

if so have you tried running a ground wire from main battery to Back battery?

I was told by a friend a long time ago that if you have ground noise that you should move all your grounds to 1 point and that will eliminate ground loop noise.

just a few thoughts anyway..hope you get it figured out, I know its a pain in the ass.

Hook up an mp3 player directly to the amps, is there any noise? Remove the second battery from the charging system and use it to power up the amps (just for testing), does the noise go away once they are being powered by the battery alone and not being grounded through the chassis? Unplug the speaker wires from the amp, and just run a short wire from the amp to a random speaker, does it still have the same noise issue? The only way to find the source is the issue is to logically go step by step through the signal chain and see where the weak link is. post pics... post vid with noise.. I understand how frustrated you must be, hang in there bro!

Too Much Stuff to list .

Guys, if you read through, everything you've suggested has been done on post #1. I think this is one of the rare few situations where the ground loop isolator is needed.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

You need a transformer based one. I don't know how the cheap ones work but the good ones actually electrically isolate the source from the device. This prevents the difference in potential between the 2 that creates the ground loop. Blocks DC but not AC (i.e. music) so it won't affect your midbass at all.

The one I ordered looks like has 2 transformers with it, it's a 4 channel isolator.

3054.jpg

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Ebay. Came to about 11 dollars shipped, the only 4 channel one I've seen. Looks like it uses two transformers in one package so I won't lose my fader. Only use one of these as a last resort, only when you've ruled out every other last factor.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Hook up an mp3 player directly to the amps, is there any noise? Remove the second battery from the charging system and use it to power up the amps (just for testing), does the noise go away once they are being powered by the battery alone and not being grounded through the chassis? Unplug the speaker wires from the amp, and just run a short wire from the amp to a random speaker, does it still have the same noise issue? The only way to find the source is the issue is to logically go step by step through the signal chain and see where the weak link is. post pics... post vid with noise.. I understand how frustrated you must be, hang in there bro!

With the MP3 player hooked up, no noise. I used my jump pack to power my radio, no noise. Everything is grounded right at the rear battery. The 4 channel amp, the equalizer, and the head unit. All grounds up front have been cleaned and triple checked for resistance.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Just by chance did you try to ground your radio to where your amp ground is?

also if you have 2 battery's is each battery ground to a different location?

if so have you tried running a ground wire from main battery to Back battery?

I was told by a friend a long time ago that if you have ground noise that you should move all your grounds to 1 point and that will eliminate ground loop noise.

just a few thoughts anyway..hope you get it figured out, I know its a pain in the ass.

Everything is grounded at the rear battery

Rear battery has 3/0 going to the front battery, and a 1/0 run that goes to the motor. The main ground off of the front battery also goes to the motor.

Everything is at one central point.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Everything is grounded at the rear battery

Rear battery has 3/0 going to the front battery, and a 1/0 run that goes to the motor. The main ground off of the front battery also goes to the motor.

Everything is at one central point.

what kind of whine is it, does it have a constant whine or does it whine when the engine revs??

try this dude. do the big three up front, run power to second battery only!! run a short ground for the second battery in the trunk, about 10-12 inches or as short a possible, never ground your amps and crossover directly to a battery, only to good metal in the trunk. you could ground them all in one spot , but not to the battery, find a good ground for your head unit too, metal is best. and i've found that the eq and your head unit needs to share the same ground spot.

Edited by corrie32

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .