Second Skin Audio

Picked up an 18" BTL, now i need a box, Aero Ports?

I just picked up an 18" BTL from my buddy and i want to build a box. I need it to be skull crushing bass that will slam all day long, not just a burp monster. My truck alots 8 cubes of air space, before port and sub displacement (of course bracing as well) I was thinking of doing a 6 inch Aero port because i hear they are more efficient. By my calculations (courtesy of a port length calculator online) i came up with the 6 inch port being ~5" tuned at 32 hz. Does that sound right to everyone? Anyone and everyone's input is welcome and needed.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

yea it seems right but that is a big ass box

Well i'm figuring that i'll put the port inside the box plus sub displacement and bracing the living hell out of the box should eatup atleast one cube of air, if not more.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I am trying to figure out what size box to make for the 18" BTL I am gonna get, PM me if you get a design going, I'd like to see it and share mine with ya.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

I'am just thinking at that airspace, that is a really small port

I dunno, 2- 6" ports, with length needed to go down to 32hz?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I am trying to figure out what size box to make for the 18" BTL I am gonna get, PM me if you get a design going, I'd like to see it and share mine with ya.

Yeah man, lemme know if you come up with somethin, i'm cookin it up in my head, probably draw it out tomorrow and see where it gets me.

I'am just thinking at that airspace, that is a really small port

I dunno, 2- 6" ports, with length needed to go down to 32hz?

I looked it up and dual 6" aeros tuned to 32 hz would make each port ~14.25 long, which i could live with, anything to move air and beat the hell out of my truck

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

with big boxes come teh lows :hairtrick:

good luck man :)

Thats what i'm lookin for

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Yeah man, lemme know if you come up with somethin, i'm cookin it up in my head, probably draw it out tomorrow and see where it gets me.

I looked it up and dual 6" aeros tuned to 32 hz would make each port ~14.25 long, which i could live with, anything to move air and beat the hell out of my truck

I personally would rather do a longer port than a short one.

A short port is better with transient response, quick beats, actually techno sounds great with a short port

but then bass heavy music, like rap, with constant bass, a longer port would be better

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I personally would rather do a longer port than a short one.

A short port is better with transient response, quick beats, actually techno sounds great with a short port

but then bass heavy music, like rap, with constant bass, a longer port would be better

So the 14.25 per 6" tube would work good since they are longer than a single 5" port, especially since i'm mainly playing bass and rap

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor