New Twist on My Long Time Profession

looks good bro been wanting to try that solar panel roof stuff who in SE TX can i look up to see about getting this done

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

whats the cost for a project like that as well. If I wanted to do that for my home what would it run me. any benefits besides a cheaper electric bill.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

That system on my house was $19,600 with tax before any incentives but I get a check from Oncor for $6050 and a $5880 tax credit so its not that bad. On top of that, my house had to have a full electrical service update done to allow for the solar so mine was a bit more expensive than what is typical.

In southeast Texas, I would recommend us. We cover all of Texas. :D

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Just a quick update. Oncor switched out my meter to a "net" meter yesterday which was the final step required to begin making my own power. I read the meter before I left for work today and then again just now as I came home for lunch.

My home's utility usage - 2kwh

My home's solar usage - 2kwh

The power I exported - 3kwh :D

I love it.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Just a quick update. Oncor switched out my meter to a "net" meter yesterday which was the final step required to begin making my own power. I read the meter before I left for work today and then again just now as I came home for lunch.

My home's utility usage - 2kwh

My home's solar usage - 2kwh

The power I exported - 3kwh :D

I love it.

So eventually, it's going to more than pay for itself?

You get ~ $10,000 back in tax cuts/ Incentives, plus you just sold 3kwh to the electric company and supplied your own house.

Yep. Now the "tide" will turn back and forth as each day goes by and we opted for this size system based on a lot of factors but also knowing that it isn't likely to delete our electric bill completely.

We also took the steps that we could to allow for an easy and fairly cheap upgrades to the solar system size. I'm going to wait a bit and see how things go. In a few months, we'll see.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

I love it! My house is all electric too! With an average power bill of @ $150 per month, that comes to around $1680 per year for me.... So, if all things stayed the same, in about 7 years it would pay for itself.... Still well under warranty. After that it is all gravy. Plus, when power goes out, as long as the sun is up- your house can still have that POWA!!!!

Keep us in the loop for your web-site. Very much interested.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Close, except for one thing. Since I didn't go with a battery backup system, I lose the solar power if the utility power goes out. To meet the UL listing requirements, the inverter has to shut down within 2 seconds of losing utility power. It is a safety requirement. Otherwise, your solar can actually feed back onto the dead utility lines and quite possibly hurt or kill a utility lineman that is working on lines that are supposed to be dead.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Close, except for one thing. Since I didn't go with a battery backup system, I lose the solar power if the utility power goes out. To meet the UL listing requirements, the inverter has to shut down within 2 seconds of losing utility power. It is a safety requirement. Otherwise, your solar can actually feed back onto the dead utility lines and quite possibly hurt or kill a utility lineman that is working on lines that are supposed to be dead.

Couldn't it be done like it is with conventional generators where you throw a switch and it switches from the line power to generator power?

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert