Well I am going to be doing some work to the outside of the Avy as well as rebuilding the system again.

First off my last setup was a pain, mostly because of building a new midgate and I feel I could have done better on it.

Posted Image

So this time I am going to use another factory midgate and cut it and fiberglass it and make it all look pretty. First issue I had was finding a donor midgate, I went to and called junk yard after junk yard, checked e-bay and couldn't find one reasonably priced at all. Well my dad called me and told me someone was giving away one on craiglist, i called him ASAP and went and picked it up for free same day.

Posted Image

Tore it apart...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now I got to work on new enclosure size and port area still before I cut and build.

I also installed another battery in the Avalanche not too long ago. I know I am mixing batteries the factory one will be replaced soon but still figureing out what I want to do battery

wise. I still need to replace the KLM 1/0 between the batteries with the flex just ran out and haven't got around to it yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

First upgrade to the outside was a new hood.

Old hood

Posted Image

No Hood

Posted Image

Posted Image

New Hood

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still got to put in the grill, paint the chrome piece across the front and add chrome bowtie, then tint the windows.

Thats all for now

Rebuild coming soon

that hood is killer, is it a functional scoop/cowl, or just for show?

head unit - Panasonic MXE CQ-C7403U

amp - Cerwin-Vega EXL 1200D

subs - (x2) Cerwin Vega V-MAX 15.4

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

spkrs- Phoenix Gold Rsd Comps

That truck needs a lowering kit and some big ol wheels to balance out the hood. I've built a blow through for an avalance before for two 12"RE SXs. Never thought to use another midgate as the front of the box. I bet that coulda saved me some headache. Good luck! I'll be watching to see if there's anything else I can learn from this. :good:

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

That truck needs a lowering kit and some big ol wheels to balance out the hood. I've built a blow through for an avalance before for two 12"RE SXs. Never thought to use another midgate as the front of the box. I bet that coulda saved me some headache. Good luck! I'll be watching to see if there's anything else I can learn from this. :good:

Big Rims-yes

Hoping the midgate idea works out for me. I am going to try and make it where i can switch boxes if need be as well.

sick build...hood not so much

Thanks

Rebuild coming soon

Archived