Second Skin Audio

small enclosures

That is correct. A radiator is usually a cone and some sort of basket without coils or magnet. There's a shaft sticking out of the back of the cone to bolt weights on. The more the weight, the lower the frequency. It'll act like a ported box since the radiator(s) would determine the enclosure tuning.

lanman31337 thanks for helping me finish what I was trying to explain. When it comes down to it I'm a sealed box guy unless I need it loud for show off purposes.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Thanks man. that was some good reading. Thats why I like this forum. You can ask a question and learn as much as you want about the subject.

and yea this is great hobby!!!

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

One way to look at a passive radiator setup is kind of like looking at a box that has 2 10 inch subs in a shared airspace BUT sub number 2 would have no magnet and no power hooked up to it.

Just a cone that is working off of what subwoofer number 1 is doing and sub number 1 of course has a magnet and power to it.

So when sub #1 pushes out, sub #2(the passive radiator) would suck in and when sub number 1 sucks in it would be pushing the cone out on sub #2(the passive radiator) and this is were I hope the other guy jumps in because I can't think of the rite words but the 2 cones work in conjunction with each other and can cause positive or negative results but the overall goal should be lower frequency response as more air should be moveing inside the enclosure.

This is not 100% accurate but pretty close to how it works.

Passive radiator is just another form of a port...and your statement about the cones moving in opposition is false.

you wont get much deep bass and you might crank the volume up too high tryin to get it. and pop your sub maybe