Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Specs

dlheights

I talked to the tech guys at kicker and they gave me a box recommendation for 4 kicker l7 12's, 2.82 cubes per sub, tuned to 38 hz, using a 33 square inch port. Port spec is 2.5 wide, 11 long, and 16.5 inches deep. Does anyone have any second opinions on this enclosure spec? It will be a total of 11.28 cubes, two ports of 2.5" wide, 22" long, 16.5" deep. I know 38 hz is higher then I was thinking previously, but the opther box they told me about was 3.59 cubes per, which is too big for my suv. I just wanted a second opinion and see what everyone thinks.

Do you remember what you port size was square inches? I am working on planning sizes and dimensions, right now its lookin like height: 20, width: 43.75, depth: 27.75, which will take me to 11.33 cubes. You won't get 11.33 if you calculate it, but I am putting them each in their won chambers, and a few other things will take it down to that. But yeah I'd like to tune to that freq, which was what I planned in the first place. Lemme know about your port, and I'll see what I can do. Thanks Btw, they told me to do 2.82 after driver and port displacment, so' that might change things.

Archived