Weightlifting/ Workout

Can I get some advice on workout supplements? I've been using a caffeine creatine pre-workout (GNC Amplified NO Loaded), and protein (GNC Amplified Wheyabolic Extreme 60) w/ soymilk (lactose intolerant) mixed with a creatine post workout. I do upper body 3x a week and legs 2x a week with cardio (running or court/sand volleyball) 4-5x a week. I've been working out all semester and am noticing less fat, bulking and toning up.

I guess what i really need help with is the supplements. What do y'all recommend? It feels like whenever i go into GNC, they are there to help me but they seem to push me toward specific products they want to sell

It's all opinion based for the most part. Supps will only do so much for you. What are you trying to do? Lose weight and get cut? Or just build muscle from where your at now? The products your taking aren't bad, you probably wouldn't even notice if you switched brands except you could save some money lol.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Yeah, I'm not really liking how much i gotta spend on this stuff...my dads friend is an Advocare dealer but that stuff is just as expensive. Seeing as I'm 5'8" and only ~155, i would like to bulk up and gain some weight (always been skinny), but not take that over definition. After 6 months of going through the P90x workout, I have a six-pack for once and would really not want to lose that haha

I understand, pretty much in the same boat (skinny). However protein supps and creatine alone is not going to gain you weight. Your going to need to eat a lot of food. Protein rich foods will help you repair muscles. A lot of bodybuilders recommend 1-1.5g of protein per pound for a reference daily. There are a lot of healthy "bulking" food that can help you reach your goals. As long as you continue to workout you will be continuously gaining weight. It's a slow process though, keep that in mind.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

5'9" 310. Mostly powerlifting background.

Started lifting 4 days a week hard, a month ago, after a long break due to injuries.

Eating very clean with a couple cheat meals a week, and stopped drinking a couple weeks ago.

I think its just the muscles filling back in, sucking up all the nutrients they were missing. But, I need to lose more fat. Trying to find that balance to do both at the same time.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived