Weightlifting/ Workout

Powerlifting or bodybuilding on here, I personally love hitting up the gym. :) I dont compete or anything yet but i plan by 2011 to enter a couple bodybuilding comps.

What kinda supp's do you guys use? What kinda diet do you guys have? and What kinda of work out routine do yall follow

Me i use Gaspari Nutrition Super Pump 250 for my pre-workout, and for after work-out i use anabolic halo, And twice aday i use GNC's Whey protien to make me some chocolate shakes :) And then Also take an Animal Pak Morning and late afternoon, Gettin ready to start taking Lipo-Black to help shed some more fat, To get that lean tone look im goin for.

My diet im doin right now is the anabolic diet, I do 60% protien on calorie intake, 30% fat, and 10% carbs M-F averaging about 2200-2600 calories a day and then on the weekends i carb up and get ready for the next week, In the last year ive dropped 80lbs of fat, Gained about 20lb in lean mass and cut almost 14% off my b.f. off.

For my workouts I do a push/pull routine i work Chest and back one day, Shoulders and traps, Bi and tris, And finally legs on the fourth day then the fith day i do what ever i started the week off with.

Right now my stats are 6'4 230 and 16% B.F. 17" Bi' 14" forearms, 34" waist and 26" Thighs. Im working on 20+ Biceps with a 30" waist, and 16" Forearms. Also would like around a 50" chest :).

Gotta work on my back some because its my weakest link right now but I have so many issues with my back its tough to get it goin well.

So what yall do?

looks like you are off to a good start. If I were you I would up my protein intake by food and by shakes. Add glutimine to every shake. I don't know how many meals you eat a day but eat atleast six to eight meals a day. Which include protein from some sorth of meat followed by a green vegitable and your shakes in between these meals. Make sure to drink a shake pre and post work out. I always do cardio first thing in the morning before my first meal or shake. You will be suprised the difference doing it every morning on an empty stomach will help out your physic. I also do a push pull routine but I never do two major body parts like chest and back together. I may do chest and bi's or back and tri's because after hitting one major body part im usually to burnt out to hit another effiently. I also started splitting up quads and hams to bring out more details in my glutes because after doing squats leg press front squats lunges leg extensions I cant fully fucos a good burn and stretch to my hams because legs or already burnt. Eating and proper sleeping will bring the fastest results

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

8 lunar L1500's (500rms each)

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 runs of 2/0 (installed)

4 batteries (installed)

6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)

bang080.jpg

LOL I'm sorry bro I won't do it again (fingers crossed)!! Thanks bro your results are very impressive as well and your definantly killing me on the calves I don't have enough courage to post pics of mine their my weakest body part!! But that comes down to genitics mostly but they are growing thou LOL

I never planned on competing myself but I just been in the gym so long and saw so many people compete that I knew I could bet so I just tried it and loved it! I'm 6'2" and in the pics I was around 238, But I look alot bigger than I weigh because I have a very low body fat. When I started out working out I was 115 pounds 10 years ago so along the way I gained mostly muscle! I wont be competting again for a while I'm taking some time off to gain some mass and bring up my legs. I'm hopping to get up to around 260+ then diet down from their. Its kinda hard for me because I can get super ripped and striatted but being so tall I need more muscle mass to back up my definition. The last show I did I weight in at 189 I believe and was ripped but I looked skinny on stage in my opinion. So when ever I compete again I plan on competting at a weight around 225-235!!

heres a pic from the last show I did

Posted Image

Posted Image

man I havent looked at these pics in a while I think their almost 2 years old didn't realize it been so long hopefully it wont be to long before I do another one and hopefully i'll be at least 30 pounds heavier

Um... you did it again...lol

guess thats why fingers were crossed.

myself I am no where ripped like that I just want the strength.. when I do my next power lifting meet I will compete at 220lbs.

I never planned on competing myself but I just been in the gym so long and saw so many people compete that I knew I could bet so I just tried it and loved it! I'm 6'2" and in the pics I was around 238, But I look alot bigger than I weigh because I have a very low body fat. When I started out working out I was 115 pounds 10 years ago so along the way I gained mostly muscle! I wont be competting again for a while I'm taking some time off to gain some mass and bring up my legs. I'm hopping to get up to around 260+ then diet down from their. Its kinda hard for me because I can get super ripped and striatted but being so tall I need more muscle mass to back up my definition. The last show I did I weight in at 189 I believe and was ripped but I looked skinny on stage in my opinion. So when ever I compete again I plan on competting at a weight around 225-235!!

heres a pic from the last show I did

Posted Image

Posted Image

man I havent looked at these pics in a while I think their almost 2 years old didn't realize it been so long hopefully it wont be to long before I do another one and hopefully i'll be at least 30 pounds heavier

Dang man 30-40 pounds heavier thats a good amount,if i competed i would probably diet down to 180-185 since im right at 200 now thats prolly what i wouldn end up at.Picks look good pretty dang lean. .what kinda placing did you get?

Um... you did it again...lol

guess thats why fingers were crossed.

myself I am no where ripped like that I just want the strength.. when I do my next power lifting meet I will compete at 220lbs.

HAHA damn I didn't realize I did it again im finished now (finger uncrossed)

Yeah powerlifting is way different than bodybuilding I have great respect for power lifters you'll lift some crazy weight good luck at the next meet. Rember Eat Eat Eat and get plenty of sleep

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 batteries (installed)

bang080.jpg

Dang man 30-40 pounds heavier thats a good amount,if i competed i would probably diet down to 180-185 since im right at 200 now thats prolly what i wouldn end up at.Picks look good pretty dang lean. .what kinda placing did you get?

30 to 40 pounds sounds like alot but its really not that much I messed up on my diet the last week of the show and i lost like 18 pounds that week tring to get in a weight class and get as lean as possibly but my body fat stayed almost the same and I looked flat. I think it was because I completly cut off my sodium intake and my body didn't like it . So that was my mistake but from now on I don't care about any weight class. I actually placed first but im not proud of it because I worried so much about tring to get in that weight class and it didn't have any good competion in it If i would of keep doing what i was doing and stayed in the weight class above the on i entered I may of won it in that class and that class had great competion in it. So, I was bummed. I think I weighed in at 189 two days later I weight like 235 LOL I had to get back on my diet cause my body wasn't use to eating regular food. My knees, ankles, hands, and face swoll up. I stomach poked out about 6 in.. My blood pressure went through the roof. It was definantly hard on the body, but I looked amazing for those 2 days until all the sodium i was eating started spilling over

Ohh and the fistr post that I posted pics in the first 2 pics were the more recent I don't know why their so small but I really made alot of progress from the pics I posted of the show. So 30-40 pounds is closser than you think.

You minus well try do a show I promise you'll enjoy the whole experience. Just pick one and start dieting and posing.

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 batteries (installed)

bang080.jpg

30 to 40 pounds sounds like alot but its really not that much I messed up on my diet the last week of the show and i lost like 18 pounds that week tring to get in a weight class and get as lean as possibly but my body fat stayed almost the same and I looked flat. I think it was because I completly cut off my sodium intake and my body didn't like it . So that was my mistake but from now on I don't care about any weight class. I actually placed first but im not proud of it because I worried so much about tring to get in that weight class and it didn't have any good competion in it If i would of keep doing what i was doing and stayed in the weight class above the on i entered I may of won it in that class and that class had great competion in it. So, I was bummed. I think I weighed in at 189 two days later I weight like 235 LOL I had to get back on my diet cause my body wasn't use to eating regular food. My knees, ankles, hands, and face swoll up. I stomach poked out about 6 in.. My blood pressure went through the roof. It was definantly hard on the body, but I looked amazing for those 2 days until all the sodium i was eating started spilling over

Ohh and the fistr post that I posted pics in the first 2 pics were the more recent I don't know why their so small but I really made alot of progress from the pics I posted of the show. So 30-40 pounds is closser than you think.

You minus well try do a show I promise you'll enjoy the whole experience. Just pick one and start dieting and posing.

aWesome man,it all makes more sense now lol.And i was on a lean mass diet for about a month when i started but after about a month i was mentally exhausted,i had no motivation and didnt feel like doing anything.I stayed so dang full all the time,i didnt like it.so i got off it,now i just eat healthier.I know i will be limited with my results because of this but im happy so far,if i can keep slightly progressing i will be EXTATIC.i just fail at diets,i mean staying 100% true to them,its so much cooking and eating. ..meh. .i dont even wana talk about it lol.if i had a personal chef i could do it then lol..anyways good job on your win and your dedication!

my biggest problem is motivation i lost it :( cause life got a little busy and went off schedule and just never got around to doing it again its being like 2 weeks...but i do love picking up the straight bar for curls. any have any buildbuilder they use to motivate them i use frank mcgrath

Like Slowed Songs? Check out Mine and Bassaddict's Slowed Songs Thread

aWesome man,it all makes more sense now lol.And i was on a lean mass diet for about a month when i started but after about a month i was mentally exhausted,i had no motivation and didnt feel like doing anything.I stayed so dang full all the time,i didnt like it.so i got off it,now i just eat healthier.I know i will be limited with my results because of this but im happy so far,if i can keep slightly progressing i will be EXTATIC.i just fail at diets,i mean staying 100% true to them,its so much cooking and eating. ..meh. .i dont even wana talk about it lol.if i had a personal chef i could do it then lol..anyways good job on your win and your dedication!

Thanks, I know what your talking about bro, but I think that you jumped into your diet to fast thats why you got burnt out so fast, didn't have any energy, and wanted to cheat. A diet is suppose to be fun not like a job. I did the exact same thing the first time I dieted it wasnt tell I started listening to my body it became fun. My diets now start of by just eatting healthier then it slowly gets stricter I just keep taking things out and tring new things to find out what my body likes and along the way it gets easier because yuor not forcing your self to stay on it. I can tell you this and you may or may not believe me but following a diet someone else wrote will very saldem work for you. Yes it maybe a starting point but you have to find out what works for you because no two people bodys react the same way. I will probly start a year around diet that consists of 5on 2off protein at around 5-600 grams a day so i can stay lean and gain muscle mass at the same time and not get burnt out on dieting because it does get old.

ohh and as far as the cooking their aint no way around that you can only drink so many protein shakes I usually cook once or twice a day but i cook a large amount instead off cooking 1 or 2 chicken breast I cook a bag or two then just eat on that all day I been quit cooking ,eal by meal that shit get old fast as hell. Then when your dieting and your starving you dont got time to wait for food to cook you just want to eat

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 batteries (installed)

bang080.jpg

Archived