blownengine Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 Stang did you say you used to be a competitive power lifter? I recently got interested in the sport but don't know where to start. There don't seem to be many meets. Or at least close enough to me. 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA Big 3 with Yellow Top 15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)
Trey_Dog650 Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 Was that seriously you squatting?? 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
shogen Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 Was that seriously you squatting?? .no that was a joke. I'm Puerto Rican. Lol Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear) beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.
mrd6 Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 So question for some of you guys: I've been lifting on and off for a couple years but have been back in the gym intensely since september. Recently when I do a chest workout I find that my shoulders seem to be taking over for a lot of the lifts and I have trouble getting a deep chest burn before my shoulders get tired and I lose strength on my lifts. The problem is not that my shoulders are too weak, if anything, they are comparatively too strong and that might be why they are taking over? Any thoughts or lifts you can think of that might help? My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
blownengine Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 Front delts come into play a lot on the bench press so that's normal to feel it in your shoulders but they shouldn't do all the work. But two questions, do you bring the bar to your chest, and how flared out are your elbows? 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA Big 3 with Yellow Top 15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)
Trey_Dog650 Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 The bar should be over your nips. Any higher and your working other muscles besides hour pecs And shogen lol good cuz that was kinda sad to watch. 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
shogen Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 The bar should be over your nips. Any higher and your working other muscles besides hour pecs And shogen lol good cuz that was kinda sad to watch. I know, getting this thread again made me look for videos and I couldn't help but post it. Lol Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear) beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.
mrd6 Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 Front delts come into play a lot on the bench press so that's normal to feel it in your shoulders but they shouldn't do all the work. But two questions, do you bring the bar to your chest, and how flared out are your elbows? Gotcha, thats good to hear then, my chest does feel it too I just wish it was more. I don't usually bring it to touch my chest, on flat bench i take a grip slightly wider than shoulder width and go down to a bit past 90 degrees at the elbow. With that form my bench is still increasing and on sunday I was able to flat bench 2 sets of 10 reps at 225 followed by 5 reps at 275 which was a new personal best but I still felt that after I was done, my chest could do more but my shoulders couldn't lol who knows. Thats how I always thought my form should be, yay or nay? The bar should be over your nips. Any higher and your working other muscles besides hour pecs This is a good point, I might be starting to bring it higher so i'll pay attention to that next time. Thats when it comes down correct? Obviously when you bring it up to full press it will be further towards your head right? My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
Trey_Dog650 Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 It's gonna be tough so you want to use less than your normal weight at first but you wanna try and keep the bar up and down on your nips. If your moving it towards your head when you push up. You're using different muscles then. It's also not necessary to touch your chest. Cuz people who do tend to bounce it off their chest. I stop right before so it's a good burn. 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
blownengine Posted November 15, 2012 Report Posted November 15, 2012 My biggest pet peeve is people with horrible form. Bouncing the bar off their chest, swinging wildly,arched back, bending their knees 5 degrees and calling it a squat, things like that. So I strive to have perfect forum. 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA Big 3 with Yellow Top 15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.