Second Skin Audio

Trunk enclosure setup

I think either sealed off from the trunk or subs back port through the rear deck are the best. Somebody correct me if Im wrong here.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

bobonit has a build that will give you ideas, i know it inspired me. depending on the height you have to work with in the trunk you can go subs back-port back or if height does not permit go sub up port back which has worked well for me.

American Bass*DC Power

Look at menace89's beastly build. It is on page 5 almost at the bottom if that helps, (for the port through deck).

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...37362&st=80

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

if the seats fold down all the way and you have the room..facing the sub(s) and port forwards gets rid of some trunk rattle..and shakes the floor pretty good. tends to not be as high pitched at certain bass notes usually as opposed to facing back

Sub forward, port forward is what I built for my Son's car. Sealed all around with rigid closed cell foam Still need to seal the old speaker holes. That pounds the hell out of his Mazda and took his mirror off the windshield after 2 weeks. Thats with it only running @ 1200 watts. Still waiting for funds so we can put a 15" BTL or a DC LVL5 in it with the right VC config so we can feed it the 2400 watts he has available.

3521772316_b543247f2a_o.jpg

The wiring is all straightened up now but no picts of that. Looks a lot better than the mess in the picts.

3539778747_4ac20abaf4_o.jpg

Thanks for the replys. I had a buddy measure his dodge magnum cargo area. I can run a 40" L x 18" H x 20" D. That comes to 8.3cu.ft. Would I be better off fitting 2 12s into that or 2 15s fit sucessfully?

The subs I am looking at buying RE XXX or Fi BTL. Yes they will have the right power and right electrical upgrades.

We did the 15" MOJO in 4 cubes ant it sounded good. With 2 15's in 8 cubes you should be OK. We were going to swap the MOJO for the BTL in that same box tuned to 39-40 hz. Dont know about the XXX I dont know the specs on those. You have to figure out how much your port is going to displace and your subs though. You might wind up a little smaller than 8 cubes after displacement. 2 beefy 12's might serve you just as well and keep you closer to spec.

Edited by fshanda