Sonic Electronix

Well every once in awhile when I start my car it turns off and cranks like the batteries dead. It's not everytime thought. I thought it was when it sat for a long period of time without use but I left it sit for a week while I was on vacation and it started up fine. Then I left it sit for 3 days and it took 4 tries to start it. I dont kno if the battery is going, or the starter is weak or whats up. Could it be my amp is drawin power slightly while my car is off? I'd think not because the amp turns off as soon as my car is off but I could be wrong. It doesnt happen alot, every few weeks It's like my car forgets how to start, once it remembers though, it's fine. What do you guys think?

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

It could be a number of things like a loose wire or connection, the battery voltage could be too low, you need to do some trouble shhoting at narrow down the possibilities. Whats the voltage at your battery?

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

My meter was dropping down to 11 on bass hits but I check the wires and figured out the problem, not it never drops below 12.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Okay so it did it again today but is seeming to get worse. It cranks but doesnt start and the head unit and the amp flash on and off, the amp makes a loud noise during this process..sounds like the fan is running really fast. I'm going to check all the wires and fuses today after work.

Old Setup

I had a problem something like this, anyways what I had done was mess with my alt, and I made two wires touch and it was grounding everything out...the car would crank but it wouldnt turn over...SO you might want to check loose wires

<div align='center'>03 RAV4

18" DC Level 4 XL

Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge

AudioQue 2200D

6.25 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz

DB Linc 200 Amp H/O ALT

1/0 BIG III</div>

This is what I am thinking, was planning on upgrading the battery anyway so I guess this isnt a completely bad thing, if this is the only problem

Old Setup

Checked all the cables, the ground of the battery was a little loose but other than that nothing. The battery has an indicator on it whether its good or bad and it was green so I guess that means it's alright. I hope it's that simple but it probably wont be. I still want to upgrade the battery though.

Old Setup

Archived