Would the dewalt 18-volt cordless circular saw work on 3/4 mdf?

I was thinking about purchasing a dewalt 18 volt cordless circular saw for building speaker enclosures,has anybodyworked with them on mdf?How do they perform?How long do they last on battery power?Does it have enough power? I want to upgrade to a newer saw,I want a cordless but scared to spend the money and have more of a hastle keeping the battery charged than lugging my extension cord around.

2001 Southern Comfort Suburban sittin on 26"s

Eclipse 6620 double din head unit (2004 dash mod)

4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm

8-Cadence 6.5 midbass 4- in each door.

Image Dynamics Cd 1 pro HLCD

4-runs of KnuKoncepts 1/0 power wire

4-DC AUDIO lvl 4 xl 18"s in a wall

2-MECHMAN 270 AMP alternators(2 more on the way)xs power VCM

7-Deka intimidator group 31 batts(soon to be Xs power)

2-Rockford Fosgate Prime r300.4(1 bridged on mids, 2nd on CD1 horns and rear door speakers)

1-Rockford Fosgate 360.2(operated by Palm tungsten T5)My link

I have a 18v dewalt set that includes a drill , reciprocating saw , circular saw and flashlight. The circular saw is sooo convenient and lasts a long time, its a great tool! I mainly use it to cut 1/2" mdf for beauty panels , but it handles 3/4" just fine.

Too Much Stuff to list .

I was thinking about purchasing a dewalt 18 volt cordless circular saw for building speaker enclosures,has anybodyworked with them on mdf?How do they perform?How long do they last on battery power?Does it have enough power? I want to upgrade to a newer saw,I want a cordless but scared to spend the money and have more of a hastle keeping the battery charged than lugging my extension cord around.

i had a circular saw, craftsman (dont remember the volts) but it also had a battery and the battery wouldnt keep a charge/also took a while to charge so it really took up a lot of time when i was trying to finish up a box. next time i buy a circular saw, im planning on getting one with a cord

Alpine 9886

Polk Audio 6.5 Component db series

Elemental Designs nine.4

JL Audio 1000/1

DC Lvl 4 15" - 3.95 cu ft/tuned to 32 hz

Clarion EQS746

Stinger Voltage Meter

Optima Yellow Top (Front)

XS Power 1200 (Rear)

All KnuKonceptz Wiring

make sure its charged and shouldnt be an issue

problem was, it didnt keep a charge

Alpine 9886

Polk Audio 6.5 Component db series

Elemental Designs nine.4

JL Audio 1000/1

DC Lvl 4 15" - 3.95 cu ft/tuned to 32 hz

Clarion EQS746

Stinger Voltage Meter

Optima Yellow Top (Front)

XS Power 1200 (Rear)

All KnuKonceptz Wiring

I own two and they cut through anything. I have been around wood working tools all my life and my cordless Dewalt XRP's are without an equal. Don't forget that 75% of peoples saw problems are in the blade. Incorrect teeth for the wood or dull as hell.

• 1 month later...

I use that saw pretty regularly on just about anything and it's a good saw, however I wouldn't depend on it to build an enclosure. Once that battery starts getting low you take a chance of having the saw die in the middle of a sheet.

Just get you a good corded saw. I use a rigid and it's one of the better saws I've used.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I use that saw pretty regularly on just about anything and it's a good saw, however I wouldn't depend on it to build an enclosure. Once that battery starts getting low you take a chance of having the saw die in the middle of a sheet.

Just get you a good corded saw. I use a rigid and it's one of the better saws I've used.

You need to learn how to maintain a battery and have more then one. If charged properly my 18v dewalts do pretty good, but I have a few so I can condition the properly. You can't use it for a minute then throw the bat in the charger. You need to use it till it dies, let it cool off, recharge, let cool back off and use it again.