Celica On The Block.

j-rot

i have a 1984 celica gt-s hatch back(some of you might have seen in a post from a good buddy of mine about wheel fittment)i have a pretty good audio set up now but am getting ready to start my first "quality BIG build"and was looking for any advice or suggestions.i have a pretty good idea what i want to do but would like to see what other great audio minds could come up with.here is a list of what i am installing. i will add some pictures later as soon as i figure out how. and i would like to hear any idea on placement or setup or just general advice mild to wild.

alternator:iraggi amputator 160 amp

battery:2 optima red top 1 front 1 rear

head unit:alpine 9853

front spkrs:5 1\4 alpine type R components

rear spkrs:6 1\2 kenwood kfc-p707 components

subs:4 phoenix gold xenon daul 4 ohm voice coil 10"

amps:2 phoenix gold titanium ti 600.2

1 rockford fosgate punch p450.4

line driver:1 tld66 tantrum

crossover:1 old school coustic 3-way active

wire,connectors&terminals:all kicker and stinger

If youre going for SQ, you definately want to try and fabricate some sort of doorpod or kickpanel approach for the components. Try to aim at the passenger for the best "imaging" and all that good stuff. :D

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Finally made it on here, huh??

I have one suggestion for you - How about you walk over here and grab a beer.....loser.. :lol::blink:

Just so everybody else knows, these 10's hit crazy hard in his car - There's already 2 in there, 4 is gonna sound reeeeaaalllllyy good.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

If youre going for SQ, you definately want to try and fabricate some sort of doorpod or kickpanel approach for the components. Try to aim at the passenger for the best "imaging" and all that good stuff. :D

i am going to fab some doorpods for sure but do i want both pods aimed at the passenger or each one projecting to the nearest person(driver side to driver ect...)for a more uniform look, also what about the back do i just leave them facing directly toward each other or do i want to face them a certin way also?

For the front, I suggest aiming at the opposing passenger. So the left would aim at the right passenger and vice versa...As far as the back goes...Do you sit there? haha didn't think so. It's up to you on the rear.

Subwoofer Wall

For the front, I suggest aiming at the opposing passenger. So the left would aim at the right passenger and vice versa...As far as the back goes...Do you sit there? haha didn't think so. It's up to you on the rear.

thanks for the help ill definatly aim them that way. that will also help w/ the harsh angle i was planning on using to point them at the or my persons face.what is your opinion on the tweets should i use that same idea?

For mine I plan on putting them at the bottom of the a pillars aimed at the corresponding passenger, ie right to right and left to left

Subwoofer Wall

For mine I plan on putting them at the bottom of the a pillars aimed at the corresponding passenger, ie right to right and left to left

does that not effect the "imaging" to have the component and the tweet aiming to different directions?i think ill be putting my tweets on the door just under the window.and i also have a set of tweets for the back do i just want to aim them straight across just like the 6 1/2?

Eh, I'm not all that educated on SQ yet, but from what I understand, having the mids/highs aimed at the person gives good imaging, meaning sound is aimed at your ears (higher frequency sound is directional, unlike sub bass frequencies). Having the tweets higher up gives the feeling of having a stage in front of you. It'll sound good no matter how you do it if the speakers are aimed properly.

But I've also heard conflicting views where they say don't mount the tweeter more than 18" from the mid...So it's really up to you.

haha sorry if i confused you further.

Subwoofer Wall

Eh, I'm not all that educated on SQ yet, but from what I understand, having the mids/highs aimed at the person gives good imaging, meaning sound is aimed at your ears (higher frequency sound is directional, unlike sub bass frequencies). Having the tweets higher up gives the feeling of having a stage in front of you. It'll sound good no matter how you do it if the speakers are aimed properly.

But I've also heard conflicting views where they say don't mount the tweeter more than 18" from the mid...So it's really up to you.

haha sorry if i confused you further.

im not really confused just trying to get as much info as possible, im sure im just gonna have to get in there and do it and see how it goes, im sure youve been there. tweets are the easy part i can change their aim any time its the 4 10s and the 5 1/4 pods that really concern me.

Archived