This is why I don't sell car audio equipment on eBay

So on June 23 the auction for my old PPI PC2150 ended and someone had obviously bought it(for 122.50). I sent him numerous invoices and finially e-mailed him asking if he was going to pay. He then told me that he no longer wanted the amp and would pay for me to relist it... I agreed because I figured I could get more money.

So another week goes by and it's now the 29th of june and still no money... he claims he sent me an e-check with paypal... never got it and never got a notification from paypal for it. Told him that and he still insisted he sent it.

Well I decided to file an unpaid item dispute with ebay, and finially on July 7 I had my money.

So I ship the amp out and the day he gets it.. he e-mails me saying the amp looks like it was dragged behind a truck(did have scratches which you could see in the pics and i clearly stated it had wear and tear from over the years!). And that one channel is not working...

hmm... funny I bench tested the fucker monday before I sent it to make sure that everything works... and it all did.

So he asks for a refund and I said no way in hell if you fried out one of my channels. So now I'm dealing with a paypal dispute with this douche bag. Does anyone have any advice? or had to deal with a paypal dispute before? I put my response telling them about him not wanting the amp and such... but who knows...

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

ya ive had the same problem with paypal with software i sent to a guy he clamed it didnt work so he said it was sent back to me never got it back paypal told me i have to send the money back i told them untill i get the shit back there not getting shit well they say he sent it an i receved it an they tryed to take the money back but i have to add money to paypal account they will give him his money back an u probly wont get ur shit back im still fighten with them a year later

ya ive had the same problem with paypal with software i sent to a guy he clamed it didnt work so he said it was sent back to me never got it back paypal told me i have to send the money back i told them untill i get the shit back there not getting shit well they say he sent it an i receved it an they tryed to take the money back but i have to add money to paypal account they will give him his money back an u probly wont get ur shit back im still fighten with them a year later

So the only way they can get the money is if there is money in my paypal account?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

So the only way they can get the money is if there is money in my paypal account?

That is correct, unless PayPal pays them because they have that fraud protection where they will give them SOME money back. One time I tried buying a PS3 and the lady who was selling it never shipped it. She kept saying she was gonna give me a tracking number but never did, so I filed a dispute with PayPal and got $200 out of $330 back. The lady had all of a sudden scammed a whole bunch of people. Then she just deleted her account and PayPal only gave $200 back. (I think $200 was the max they could give back for fraud, but now the max has risen.)

Edited by tech2332

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!